first VCA earring - sweet or vintage alhambra?!

shihfan

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
Hi,
Just found out my husband bought me the sweet alhambra stud earrings in white mother of pearl/yellow gold for xmas! I've been eyeing them for a while, but have hard time deciding between the smaller sweet alhambra vs larger vintage alhambra ( in same colors)... any input/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

also I am pretty surprised at the price difference! the bigger size (vintage) is almost double the price of sweet alhambra!! is that always the norm for VCA??

Hi,
Just found out my husband bought me the sweet alhambra stud earrings in white mother of pearl/yellow gold for xmas! I've been eyeing them for a while, but have hard time deciding between the smaller sweet alhambra vs larger vintage alhambra ( in same colors)... any input/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

also I am pretty surprised at the price difference! the bigger size (vintage) is almost double the price of sweet alhambra!! is that always the norm for VCA??
I think you'll be really happy with the Sweets in Earrings. Although the Vintage are gorgeous, for some reason I just liked the fit & look of the Sweets. Merry Christmas to you! :happydance:

Reactions: russianpenguin
I really wanted the vintage but the backs don't work for me. They are too heavy. I don't want anything pulling on my holes. And the clip back hurts my ears. If I get any VCA earrings they will have to be sweets. Sweet hubby!! Enjoy!

Wonderful gift!
It really depends on the size of your ear lobes, coloring, etc.
The sweets were introduced as children's jewelry but many do enjoy the small stud size.
Do you prefer tiny earrings? In a pop color such as turquoise I don't mind the smaller sweet size but overall (particularly for mother of pearl) I prefer the standard vintage Alhambra size which is still fairly small.

Hi,

I have both. I started off with the sweets as I wanted a pair for daily wear and found the vintage too heavy for my earlobes for wearing on a daily basis. I also bought the vintage pendant when I purchased the sweets. I realized that the sweets, although perfect for me for daily wear, were too small for evenings out. And so then shortly afterwards I purchased the vintage earrings as well. These are my most used pieces of jewelry and so I do not regret having them all in the same stone.

I would recommend trying both on to see which you are comfortable with. In my opinion the vintage is not too large for daily wear as well (depending on how they look on you of course) so if they look good and you find them comfortable I would probably invest a bit more to get them over the sweets.

In my opinion, sweets are perfect for everyday wear. I don't actually find them "tiny" at all, I think they are perfectly-sized studs. I find the vintage size large for everyday, and more dressy, so would be better suited for evening. I guess it depends what you want them for. Hope this helps!

Reactions: russianpenguin
thank you all for the replies. I've decided to keep the sweet alhambra studs. They are beautiful! Still getting used remembering to take it off everyday to shower though since its MOP. happy NY!