First try at water marbling!

sweetlilwolf

Hoooooooowl
Jan 9, 2013
Wisconsin
This is my first try at water marbling!
I did a Gelish sheer simple manicure then used
OPI - my chihuahua bites, Alpine snow, black onyx, and who in the Shrek are you?
Then Scehe Vite top coat.

I noticed the green doesn't show up so much... but what do you think for a first time?

Attachments

sweetlilwolf

Hoooooooowl
Jan 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Thanks... I wish some of the colors showed up better.
Actually it wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be...

I just used a cup, regular polishes (glad i had my gel polish on under so i could just use nonaceton remover if i didnt like it!) and it worked right away the pain in the butt is the clean up... i might put tape on my finger next time.

Try it i think youd find out how easy it is!

bling*lover

Hello Lover!
Jun 24, 2010
Australia
Thanks... I wish some of the colors showed up better.
Actually it wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be...

I just used a cup, regular polishes (glad i had my gel polish on under so i could just use nonaceton remover if i didnt like it!) and it worked right away the pain in the butt is the clean up... i might put tape on my finger next time.

Try it i think youd find out how easy it is!
Yeah I've watched YouTube videos on how to do it and they've always used tape so that there isn't much to clean up!

I think I will give it a go!

OANHderful

Mar 22, 2012
Very nice for the first try.

I wanted to continue to perfect my watermarbling but it's just too time consuming.

Oct 29, 2006
Los Angeles
That's so cool - you did a great job! Yeah, water marbles look so hard to do but the end result is sooo neat!
I've heard either tape or even vaseline helps with the clean-up.

lilalove

Jul 25, 2012
That's really good for a first try. My first one was a hot mess! Got a huge air bubble, and I bumped my toothpick trying to pick up the excess polish against my nails and ruined the design. So, congrats!

sweetlilwolf

Hoooooooowl
Jan 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Thanks guys!! Yeah ill have to figure out the rest... it does take a bit hence the 1 nail on each hand... Ill have to try the tape next time...

I wonder if you could do this as a tip only? I actually didnt even use a toothpick! i used a paper clip to make the "Swirl" then used a qtip to get the excess off the water....

Def takes practice!! lol

kristin.xo

♥
Nov 8, 2007
Canada
This is my first try at water marbling!
I did a Gelish sheer simple manicure then used
OPI - my chihuahua bites, Alpine snow, black onyx, and who in the Shrek are you?
Then Scehe Vite top coat.

I noticed the green doesn't show up so much... but what do you think for a first time?
Nice job! I can see the green in the first photo. They remind me of knots in wood for some reason, I like it!

I just tried my first water marble nails the other day too. I can't believe how some people get every nail to look identical. I did four nails, and got two to look similar, but the others look completely different! I will post a photo later. :smile: