Travel First time trip to NY!!~ SO EXCITED!!!!~

*My friend recently went to NY and had her purse cut and wallet stolen so i'm kind of paranoid but i'd like to take my bags to NY so im gonna be asking a few questions about insurance on my bags. lol.

NY is generally safe you just need to know where you're going, don't rely on maps in public, and don't wander off too far. If you stick to main streets you should be fine.

1)I'm leaving for NY on July 18th on Virgin America Airlines, gonna be there for 9 days and I was thinking of carrying my balenciaga work,LV speedy, and LV sunset blvd. (for clubbing) for me to use while im in ny. Do you think its ok for me to take them?

Sure! Like I said as long as you stick to main roads you should be safe. In Manhattan don't venture too much east or west, or north towards Bronx.

2)Do you think i should get travelers insurance before i go? i'm only 22 years old and a working student which means i have a budget so i would like to spare the $200-300 if possible, but if insurance is really necessary i guess i will have to get it.

Always be insured. If your current policies don't cover travel, then get some.

3)im mostly getting the travel insurance for my designer bags and camera(if i do end up taking them) do i need to take the receipts with my bags and camera?

LOL designer bags more important than you? :wtf:

7)How dangerous is it for a group of 3-4 girls to be walking around during the wee hours of the night like around 10pm-2am? (just in case we go to bars and stuff)

Safety depends on which suburbs you're in!! There are places that are completely safe, and seedy areas that are totally unsafe, sometimes they can even be located right next to each other :graucho:. If you're totting around designer bags you will be sharkbait. Travel light, walk briskly and don't look lost. Thugs generally prey on women especially younger ladies, people that appear to be tourists or 'not from the area'.

Just a reminder that some cafes make tourists tip twice where they hand you a handwritten bill where you write the tip, then present you a second bill that's machine printed with the tip included in the cost of food, and a section for tipping. You need to be alert, point this out to the server, and write "0.00" in the tip. This happened to me and my friends when dining in Little Italy. The server kicked up a fuss about not tipping, and we created a big scene to point out that we're being cheated!!!!:rolleyes:

5)Where are some good places to shop?

Definitely Fifth Ave for designer wear!!! Also check out Century 21 near WTC for good deals.

If you have other questions you may visit Virtualtourist.com it has comprehensive reviews from people all around the world, with pictures.