First-time Kooba buyer in Chicago

pisces78

Swimming upstream
Jan 29, 2008
Does anyone know where to find a decent selection of Koobas in Chicago/burbs? I'm turning 30 next month and want to commemorate the occasion with a splurge: my first designer purse! However, I'd like to be able to try it on and get a sense of the color/size/heft before I buy. I've already been to the Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Saks on Michigan Ave. with not a lot of luck. If you have any tips, let me know.

Also, please feel free to weigh in with thoughts on what my first Kooba should be. I'm leaning toward the Dylan in eggplant or lava, but would welcome any suggestions from fellow Kooba lovers!

Thanks!
:shame:

I don't have any shopping suggestions, but I bought my first Kooba a couple weeks ago, and it's the Eggplant Dylan. I absolutely LOVE it. It's a great size, gorgeous leather, and not as heavy as a lot of other Koobas. The color is amazing & goes with a lot of things.

Good luck & let us know what you end up getting!

Saks on Michigan would be the best bet, but that's about it. You probably will have to get them on-line. Chicago isn't a big carrier of Koobas from what I've seen!

Ditto--I was at Saks on Michigan and Neimans recently and the Kooba selection was very poor. Maybe call them first?!! I always go to an OFF 5th to look at the Kooba's is there one by you? I go to the one in Schaumberg. Which wouldn't be very far for you!! BUT the selection is usually Sloane and Lena none of the Linda, Dylan, KAtie crowd!