First time fillers and his physician assistant ended up doing them??

batana

Aug 3, 2013
Hi there,
I’m hoping for outside input to see if I am being too sensitive. I researched a specific surgeon that specializes in fillers over several years and finally went to see him. I’d read reviews, watched his videos on social media, etc. I specifically wanted a plastic surgeon performing the fillers. He was great and spent a long time with me during the consult. His physician assistant started to numb me and I was shocked when she started doing the actual filler placement! He did come in and out and gave her feedback and he did a few spots, but 80 to 90% of the procedure was done by his PA. I just met her that day and didn’t even know what to say as it was already happening. I messaged the office manager and she said the PA has recently started working with him and has done 1000s of hours, etc, etc. I do not think training with him is the same as having him do the actual work?? I’m livid and also upset at myself my not speaking up as it was happening. I think I was kind of in shock and didn’t want to make it awkward. I’m so upset that I spent all of this time researching the right practitioner only to have someone I met that day end up injecting my entire face! No where during my preop prep, sign in, consult, etc did they mention someone else would be touching me, I did not even think to clarify prior to injecting since it didn’t even cross my mind that someone other than who I scheduled my appointment with would be involved. How would you all feel and what do you think I should do?

I've had fillers done by both the physician as well as the PA. Sometimes the PA does a better job, to be perfectly honest, but I completely understand your shock and dismay. Some cosmetic surgeons don't want to spend their valuable time on it so they hire someone to do it for them, thus freeing the doctor up for other things.. other cosmetic surgeons don't want to spend the money to hire a PA, so they do it themselves. In each case, the one who does it most probably does it better.