First Time Ebay Seller

nashpoo

O.G.
Feb 4, 2010
It's my first time selling anything on ebay and it's a brand new purse. I'm just wondering if a buy it now option takes longer to sell? I'm trying to get back the same amount I spent on the purse. Also, I do have feedback but it's obviously all from buying things. Will that make people feel okay buying an expensive item from me?

Thanks!

It's my first time selling anything on ebay and it's a brand new purse. I'm just wondering if a buy it now option takes longer to sell? I'm trying to get back the same amount I spent on the purse. Also, I do have feedback but it's obviously all from buying things. Will that make people feel okay buying an expensive item from me?

Thanks!

If the purse is more expensive than things you have purchased, absolutely it will make people uneasy. Depending on the brand and whether you got the bag on sale, you may not get what you paid for it. Rarely does something hold value like this, unless it's a highly sought after brand or one that is sold out AND highly sought after. You might want to use the BIN with Best Offer so you can screen buyers. Best of luck!

I think you are always in most cases going to find it really hard to sell something for the price you paid. However a BIN price is a sure way of only seliing for the price oyu really want and not taking a chance that the auction may achieve this price...

If the purse is more expensive than things you have purchased, absolutely it will make people uneasy. Depending on the brand and whether you got the bag on sale, you may not get what you paid for it. Rarely does something hold value like this, unless it's a highly sought after brand or one that is sold out AND highly sought after. You might want to use the BIN with Best Offer so you can screen buyers. Best of luck!
Ohh that makes sense. I bought the Celine bag at full price, so I'm hoping someone else will buy it from me for around the same price? Does it mean anything if people are "watching" my bag? Are they maybe considering purchasing it?

Ohh that makes sense. I bought the Celine bag at full price, so I'm hoping someone else will buy it from me for around the same price? Does it mean anything if people are "watching" my bag? Are they maybe considering purchasing it?

Best of luck selling a bag that you bought full price for that same price. It's not the usual case on ebay; people are looking for a bargain, or else for something that is not available in any store and is very "hot." Note that you will also pay fees for using ebay as well as paypal.

Watchers mean nothing. They could be others who have that bag and want to see what yours sells for, or just people looking to compare things. You could get 100 watchers and 0 bids.

Gosh, I just read over what I wrote and it sounds so negative. :sad: I don't mean to be, but it's the reality of ebay. You just can't always get what you want.

Is it correct that for items over $1000 they take $81 and if it's still over $1000 they take 2%? Just want to be sure!

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

For fixed listing price (not auction): $81 for the first $1,000 + 2% of the remaining balance over $1,000 just for ebay (note they also take a % of postage fees); Paypal also takes a fixed amount + % of final sale price.

I am also new eBay seller, I am selling pre owned LV bags for 25% of current retail price. For me I just want to clear my closet and get some cash to fund my next purchase. I am overwhelmed with repeated questions of authenticity and why I am selling at such a low price...I added return policy but it seems like it doesn't help much. I can't wait for this to be over !

I am also new eBay seller, I am selling pre owned LV bags for 25% of current retail price. For me I just want to clear my closet and get some cash to fund my next purchase. I am overwhelmed with repeated questions of authenticity and why I am selling at such a low price...I added return policy but it seems like it doesn't help much. I can't wait for this to be over !
I usually do a quick search on ebay on how much the item is being sold by others, in this way I might get back higher than expected value and ppl don't get suspicious :smile: hope this helps!