First time ebay seller - HELP!

havanese_pls

Oh what a DAY!!!
Aug 15, 2006
Hi, Ladies.

Well, I have some credit debt that I need to pay off and a ton of stuff I'd like to sell. The thought of selling stuff on ebay, to say the least, scares the crap out of me. I guess I'm intimidated and reading some of the threads here make me wonder if now is a bad time to start selling.

Either way I know I need to just jump and see where I fall. Before I jump, I was wondering if anyone could offer any helpful advice and/or tips.

Thanks in advance!

Its not as hard as it seems, and the whole process has been made to be much easier, with better result than when ebay started. Take good pictures, and make detailed descriptions. Don't try to cover up flaws, and make sure you do your research. Find out what the shipping cost will be before you list something to avoid a possible mishap later on. Some type of items sell better at certain times, and in general you want your listings to end when people are on their computers.

Its not as hard as it seems, and the whole process has been made to be much easier, with better result than when ebay started. Take good pictures, and make detailed descriptions. Don't try to cover up flaws, and make sure you do your research. Find out what the shipping cost will be before you list something to avoid a possible mishap later on. Some type of items sell better at certain times, and in general you want your listings to end when people are on their computers.

Agree, be honest, helpful. Pictures make or break a listing so if you are selling a bag do as many good pictures as you can and be realistic on price. Good Luck.

When my sister asked me to teach her how to sell stuff because she wanted to list a bunch of stuff quickly I told her No. I first made her go and read every single page in Ebay that pertained to selling. Then I helped her through the selling forms. You really need to know how it works before you get started and realize there are expectations From Ebay and Bidders from you. When a friend of mine first started she didn't even know how to leave feedback or how to contact a bidder. And she listed 25 things to end in one day. When that one day came it was pure chaos and confusion and she ended up getting negs rather quickly.
Ebay is fun and a great way to sell off some stuff. Just do your homework and you'll do just fine. Don't jump too quickly and start off slow till you work out the kinks. And like everyone else said... Complete Honesty in your auctions. Good luck!

There's a book called eBay for Dummies. It's pretty comprehensive, and it helped me when I was a beginning seller. It might be a good reference for you.

Listing items for sale on eBay is not as daunting a task as it seems...it's just a bit time consuming, so be prepared to be spending a lot of time listing, answering questions, and shipping.

Good luck!!!

Look at other auctions of the the same items you want to sell. You can get an idea of what you need to include in your listing such as their descriptions, titles and photos. Selling on Ebay is not hard at all just a little time consuming. Be sure to take very good pictures.;)

One of the newer things I have noticed is the "Immediate Payment Required" feature. It might be worth reading about to see, but it looks like it might be a good thing for sellers.

As a buyer, I always pay immediately anyway, so it doesn't really affect me, but I am thinking it might help cut down on people who click to buy an item and do not pay immediately ;)

Ladies your comments and advice will be very helpful. I know I just have to get in there and do it. Lorihmatthews I will definitely take a look at that book!

Thank you everyone and wish me luck on my sales!