First Step

Hi, Claudia! If you don't know anything about the leathers or colors you might want, you can check out luxwear.com. Or look at the posts here. We have a wealth of knowledge at our fingertips!

Greentea said:
:biggrin: Claudia - so great to have you here! Actually, your Birkin news is VERY encouraging. The simple fact that they offered to help you so earnestly in the fall is wonderful news! So, what color and leather is your dream Birkin?

Thanks Greentea, I also felt that the quest was not hopeless at all.

With regards to leather, I think I would like Togo/Clemence and also what I saw or Rodeo looked nice. I am not so sure I like Box for a Birkin, I would love it on a Kelly though. Again, I would rely on the advice of the SA.

Colour: that's a tough one. I like to colour-coordinate my bags with my shoes, I wear a lot of navy, so besides black any dark blue would be an option. BUT - I also love the look of dark chocolate, the colour 'gold' and of course RED (Vermillon or VIF)! I would rely on the advice of the SA to tell me what colour would be best for me.

Size: I am 5, 11" but I don't want one of those big bags, so I think a 30, maximum 35 would be good. I am also like the 25 but that could be a bit small.

After reading last night about the 32 HAC, I admit I get sidetracked by this model. The photo I saw (of someone who showed what can all fit into it) looked phantastic, but I would need to see it in 'real life', the short handles sound a bit offputting. But the 32 I saw looked very comfy to carry.

Decisions, decisions.....

What do you ladies do to ease the itch while you're waiting for a Birkin? I am very tempted by a HerBag or a Picotin.....

Claudia

Hertzlich willkomen, und Gruss Gott !! Ich liebe Wien UND Hermes!
And I have been to hungary (love the food!) aswell.
I actually shop at the Vienna boutique alot! they are very nice. The SA's once Faxed me the bag info as they were coming into the store to my hotel because the weather was bad!
I kept my cravings satisfied with buying the bolide bags in different colors and sizes. Do you know that there is a Hermes boutique in Prague aswell? its at Parizska 12, phone# 420-(0)2 24 81 75 45 might be worth a try!

Hi Claudia!

I look forward to chatting with you. In terms of size, I am 5' 10" and really stick with the 35cm ,but also like the 32cm. HACs. There was a lovely Indigo Birkin at the Chicago shop last week, and it is a beautiful dark blue color with a good deal of depth to the color.

Avandome,

Where are you based? I know about the Prague boutique but it's too far away, whereas Vienna is just around the corner in terms of perception. But you're right, I should give them a call...
The lady in the Vienna boutique was truly delightful (forgot to ask her name).

Sarah-girl, thanks for the info on the colour Indigo. I'll look it up. How do you handle the 32 HAC? I think 32 is such a perfect size. Can you carry the HAC over your arm?

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!

Welcome Claudia!

Have you considered a JPG Birkin?
I think a lovely pop of colour (red for instance... ;) ) would look lovely. You're very lucky that your "local" boutique offered to help you straight away. How wonderful!

Perja said:
Welcome Claudia!

Have you considered a JPG Birkin?
I think a lovely pop of colour (red for instance... ;) ) would look lovely. You're very lucky that your "local" boutique offered to help you straight away. How wonderful!

Hi Perja,

The JPG Birkin doesn't really appeal to me all that much. However the colour red is a very strong option.... :yes: :yes: :yes:

Claudia

hello2703 said:
Avandome,

Where are you based? I know about the Prague boutique but it's too far away, whereas Vienna is just around the corner in terms of perception. But you're right, I should give them a call...
The lady in the Vienna boutique was truly delightful (forgot to ask her name).

Sarah-girl, thanks for the info on the colour Indigo. I'll look it up. How do you handle the 32 HAC? I think 32 is such a perfect size. Can you carry the HAC over your arm?

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!
Hi, right now I'm in N.Y.C, but visit europe frequently, and first stop is allways the local hermes!:lol: you may also check out the Saltzburg store, if Austria is easier to go to.
I have a hac, (it's my current avatar) and I am able to put it over my arm, bare or with sleeves, as long as the jacket is not too heavy, the handles would not slip over a coat sleeve. since you like equestrian things, did you know that the HAC was originally designed to carry a pair of riding boots?:flowers: