First SLG

hutch0827

Jan 31, 2017
I'm trying to decide what to get for my first SLG. I'm going back and fourth on the zippy coin purse, toiletry 19, or cosmetic case. The toiletry or cosmetic case would be a catch all more than actual make up. I like the zippy coin since i mostly carry cards and this keeps everything organized. Feel free to suggest other items. Oh, I do carry med to small bags. TIA

Reactions: Sami Handbags
I have a zippy coin purse and find that it bites my knuckles and I don't like it much for that reason. I would go for the toiletries 19 over the cosmetic pouch. For some reason that half moon shaped bag doesn't really fill to capacity and gets wonky at the top zip if even slightly overfilled. The more rectangular 19, I think, can fit more and fits in other bags nicely. Check out some YouTube videos on those two.
I would also recommend a key cles. I keep my cards, license, and a little cash in it, and find that when I carry it, I don't use my wallet. My wallet ends up just storing things I rarely use and doesn't come out of my purse.

I would also go with either the cosmetic case or the toiletry, depending on the amount of things you cary. With the cosmetic case I would wonder how much I can fit into the shape, as butterlite pointed out, and with the toiletry I would research if smaller items fall out, because there is a tiny gap between the case and zipper. That is only though if you carry small enough items to potentially fall out in your catchall. I think that a catchall piece/cosmetic bag as a first SLG is more special, you can also use it as a real cosmetic bag while traveling, it includes your personal essentials and not your cards/money. But that is my personal opinion.

I love my ZCPs and highly recommend it as a small wallet. However if you are specifically looking for a way to organize your cards, I think the zippy multicartes is a better option since it like a small accordion file organizer for cards and such. The key cles is also good. The toiletry pouch and cosmetic case are great pieces too but may be too big to put inside your small bags (you will need to check the dimensions). Good luck deciding and keep us posted.

I have the cosmetic pouch and if you have a few too many things the top seems to bend weird. If it was my choice, I'd go with the toiletry 19 or if you choose cosmetic pouch, go for the larger one (my pouch was a gift so I didn't want to exchange it for a larger one).

I'd also suggest looking into the Mini Pochette. I just bought a preloved one and it's very cute/versatile. The chain on it makes it easy to grab and attach to the side of my bag so I don't have to shuffle through my bag for it.

I have the zippy mulitcartes and I like it. It actually does fit a lot. I put my license and cards I use daily, which is very few. Most are just loyalty and insurance cards. You can double up your cards too. Right now I have about 13 cards, stamps, some other little papers and cash in it right now. Of course you have to fold up your cash. The cash part is a little more annoying to me though as I don't really like folding it up. But it doesn't bother a lot of other people. I also have the Toiletry 19 pouch. I don't use it very often but I think it would also work well as a catch all in larger bags. And you could also just go with a standard card holder or 6 key holder. The card holder are very thin, but also limited with how many cards you can carry.

IMG_3539.JPG

And for reference the Zippy Multicartes will fit in the Toiletry 19 sideways and upright. I could also fit my phone but I used it to take the picture. Works great as a small clutch. Maybe I really should use my Toiletry 19 more often!IMG_3542.JPGIMG_3543.JPG

I have the zippy mulitcartes and I like it. It actually does fit a lot. I put my license and cards I use daily, which is very few. Most are just loyalty and insurance cards. You can double up your cards too. Right now I have about 13 cards, stamps, some other little papers and cash in it right now. Of course you have to fold up your cash. The cash part is a little more annoying to me though as I don't really like folding it up. But it doesn't bother a lot of other people. I also have the Toiletry 19 pouch. I don't use it very often but I think it would also work well as a catch all in larger bags. And you could also just go with a standard card holder or 6 key holder. The card holder are very thin, but also limited with how many cards you can carry.

View attachment 3622119

And for reference the Zippy Multicartes will fit in the Toiletry 19 sideways and upright. I could also fit my phone but I used it to take the picture. Works great as a small clutch. Maybe I really should use my Toiletry 19 more often!View attachment 3622123View attachment 3622124

Thanks for the pics. I haven't really looked into the multicastes, but will now.

Reactions: PurseAddict728
I have a zippy coin purse and find that it bites my knuckles and I don't like it much for that reason. I would go for the toiletries 19 over the cosmetic pouch. For some reason that half moon shaped bag doesn't really fill to capacity and gets wonky at the top zip if even slightly overfilled. The more rectangular 19, I think, can fit more and fits in other bags nicely. Check out some YouTube videos on those two.
I would also recommend a key cles. I keep my cards, license, and a little cash in it, and find that when I carry it, I don't use my wallet. My wallet ends up just storing things I rarely use and doesn't come out of my purse.

Do you think the zippy bites your knuckles bc of how small it is or do you think the larger one would do it as well?