First scratch on my metallic lamb!

nashpoo

O.G.
Feb 4, 2010
Ugh, I've been using my metallic jumbo this past weekend and just noticed the scratch. Had to have happened sometime today. Any ideas on how to buff it out? Kind of scared to rub since it is metallic. Sucks, but im not crying about it haha. Any ideas?

IMG_1513042166.814884.jpg
IMG_1513042174.886192.jpg

Ugh, I've been using my metallic jumbo this past weekend and just noticed the scratch. Had to have happened sometime today. Any ideas on how to buff it out? Kind of scared to rub since it is metallic. Sucks, but im not crying about it haha. Any ideas?

View attachment 3905368
View attachment 3905369
Breathe, I know how you feel but it will more than likely buff out. I would use the soft polishing cloth that came with your bag and a small amount of Cadillac leather conditioner and gently rub in a circular motion. :heart:

I feel your pain. I recently managed to scratch the base of my Gabrielle. I became fixated about the scratch for days!!! I used polish and a cloth and the scratch is now 95% less noticeable : )

I feel your pain. I recently managed to scratch the base of my Gabrielle. I became fixated about the scratch for days!!! I used polish and a cloth and the scratch is now 95% less noticeable : )
Got a scratch on the base of my gaby as well. Managed to buff it out with my fingers by rubbing lightly. A cloth and conditioner could probably work better!

A Chanel SA told me and demonstrated on my wallet to take a pencil eraser (pink one) and lightly buff out in small circular motions. It worked like a charm. I also just use clean fingers and buff in a circular motion, which will also work, but not as effectively as the eraser.

I say leave it. “Buffing” is nothing more than taking out material. You don’t want to buff everytime you have a scratch as you will thin the color and leather. Leave it and don’t worry about it. I have so many scratches on lamb but it’s part of the beauty.

Cant really speak for Chanel metallic but I have the pearly lotus lady dior (and maybe the 2 brands have similar technique in producing metallic lamb?). Anyway i scratched it a couple lf times and managed to buff them off with Collonil leather lotion without damaging the metallic layer.
I’d suggest very very gentle circular motion. If you want to be safe, just dont use any lotion. Sometimes the natural oil from your skin is enough. Good luck!