First Rolex, need help!

callerlulu

Oct 30, 2018
Hi everyone, I am new to this website but I really need help choosing my first Rolex!
My ideal combination would be two-tone YG with silver diamonds dial and diamond bezel for size 31mm, but the store only carries silver dial with the roman number and diamond dial with MOP with I think is too blinky. Compared to the simple fluted with diamond dial, which one do you think is the best?
It is a gift from my hubby and I am buying him the 36mm YG with silver diamond bezel, I want to match his but a bit fancier, it is really hard to choose!
Thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG_4288.JPG
    IMG_4288.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_9267.JPG
    IMG_9267.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_3378.JPG
    IMG_3378.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_0615.JPG
    IMG_0615.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_6635.JPG
    IMG_6635.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 639
I agree that the MOP dial is blingy looking and personally I think the diamond bezel set in YG looks cheap. The diamonds would look so much better set in white gold. Add the clutter of the romans and the entire watch looks busy and blingy. To my eye, of the two watches I much prefer the fluted dial with diamond markers.

I agree that the MOP dial is blingy looking and personally I think the diamond bezel set in YG looks cheap. The diamonds would look so much better set in white gold. Add the clutter of the romans and the entire watch looks busy and blingy. To my eye, of the two watches I much prefer the fluted dial with diamond markers.

Thanks so much for your opinion! I always wear gold jewelry so I think two tone fits my style better, WG is great :smile:

I don't like either choice of these two, but of these two, the two-tone with diamond markers is clearly nicer. But you should get what you want: Any dealer can get in any dial/bezel combo that's offered for a given model, and they should have told you that.

Personally I dislike a diamond bezel; I think it tarts up a style of watch that is inherently simple. And the silver dial is pretty uninteresting, not as nice (to my taste) as the pure white or the MOP.

Try a different dealer, or get yours to order in what you want.

Last edited:
I would go for the MOP dial, diamond markers and diamond bezel for first Rolex. This is the top of its range and you won’t look back and say you want to get something in the future.

Seriously, only fake Rolex looks tacky. If you can afford it then go for all diamond bezel. Good luck in your decision and I hope you reveal your choice soon.