First RM - MAM or Nikki?

kbchase

Nov 17, 2009
I have not yet purchased an RM bag - I found RM because I saw someone on the metro with a MAM and I chased her down because I loved it so much. Then I found this site and was set on buying my first MAM. The more I read the site here, the more I am starting to fall for the mini Nikki. I think it might be more versatile - what do you all think, which do you prefer? Thanks!

I guess that's true kdo....depends which she finds she uses more and likes the feel of best. I love the looks of satchels, but with kids, I find hobos easier to use.

Welcome!

I love both styles a lot—my MAM and my Mini Nikki have been my go to everyday bags (and I just got one more in each style!). The MAM probably fits more stuff. I think my Mini Nikki is lighter and can be carried on the shoulder easily. My MAM, though it fits on the shoulder, don’t always like to stay up there. For looks, I prefer the MAM I think, but I’m also more of a satchel girl. But I love my Mini Nikki. I wear them about evenly depending on the outfit/occasion.

I recently was in the same position as you. I was new to RM and liked the look of both the Nikki and the MAM. I started with the Nikki, but within a week ordered a MAM too! I love them both equally. I think if you like them both the same, just go for whichever you can find a better deal for. You will probably get hooked and end up getting both!

I agree with one of each! My first RM was a MAC. The Nikki is my go to bag because I love how comfortable it is, but there are also times when a MAM would be perfect. Maybe consider your daily life needs and decide which would work best? Good luck!

if its the mam you fell in love with first i would grab that. in fact you might be able to grab both during the black friday sales! I personally like the mam bettertha the mini nikki. I actually find the mini nikki holds significantly less tha the mam.

if its the mam you fell in love with first i would grab that. in fact you might be able to grab both during the black friday sales! I personally like the mam bettertha the mini nikki. I actually find the mini nikki holds significantly less tha the mam.

Thanks for the advice!

I have a sinking feeling that I am in the beginning stages of an addiction.
Unfortunately, I can't afford both right now, I'll just see if I can get a good deal on one on black Friday and go from there.

I can see myself having both in the near future!

Not to completely comfuse you, but don't rule out a full-sized Nikki. I don't think it looks overwhelming at all but it does hold more than a Mini Nikki. I own three Nikkis now (and one Devote) and they are great go-to bags.

Cathy has a great point. I love my mams and regular nikkis. The nikki imo is better than the mini as it holds everything that i need and isn't too large on me. The mini nikki actually looks small on me. But then again i am pretty tall.