First RM bag - how to protect it?

I haven't. Sometimes I slap a little brasso on the hardware but not so much anymore. Call me a freak but I actually like the antique-y look that comes from slightly tarnished brass hardware:lol:

If you are afraid of the rain, you can spray a little Apple Guarde protectant spray on it. Other than that, I haven't really found a need to protect my RM bags! They are pretty durable on their own! HTH!

I haven't put a protector on my MAB, but I have used Coach's Leather Moisturizer (recommended to me by Chanel). It takes out scuffs, scratches, and gives the leather a nice shine, but LESS is more with that stuff.

Thank to both of you. Some of the posts about elaborate treatment procedures were making me a little nervous!

I have some Synovia spray - the suede spray had been recommended for a different bag, and when I went to buy it people were raving about the whole line, so I picked up the leather spray as well just in case. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with it?

^^there are seriously A LOT of threads on this, and I have also started a questions for RM thread to have this addressed by them. Please do a search so we can keep the forum neater. Thank you!

Desi, I ordered an Apple Garde Kit after your post earlier! I went and read the really long thread about this stuff being used on Balenciaga handbags. I hope it works! I need to condition a few handbags and waterproof my RM. The only thing I'm a bit annoyed about is that I have a light tan colored handbag that I KNOW will get darker with conditioning... but it's getting so DRY. Oh well, that's life!

Thanks for the recs! :smile: