First Purchase - Recent Quality Concerns?

Reggie725

Oct 29, 2020
Hello all! First time posting here. I just placed an order for the Mulberry Seaton bag. I absolutely love the classic and elegant design however have concerns about the recent quality reviews I've read on the internet about the leathers. I understand that every brand will have good and bad feedback, however wanted to check in here as well and hear if you guys have any thoughts?

Thanks v much!

I have a lot of Mulberry bags too including two mini Seatons both of which are excellent quality - one's in the silky calf leather and the other is in the mock croc and they're beautiful. The only issue I have had with my Mulberry bags is the small Amberley satchel which I purchased in the recent sale and therefore in a seasonal colour. After having used it only once I noticed that the sealant had cracked on one side right where the flap of the bag opened. Although Mulberry were great and repaired it quickly for me, I would not purchase another Amberley.

Thank you both for your replies! So relieved to read this. I ordered the small Seaton in matte black mock croc, sounds like it should stand the test of my lugging it around NYC with a bunch of my nonsense inside :smile: Side note - started eyeing that brass strap. . .

Reactions: Etincelle
Thank you both for your replies! So relieved to read this. I ordered the small Seaton in matte black mock croc, sounds like it should stand the test of my lugging it around NYC with a bunch of my nonsense inside :smile: Side note - started eyeing that brass strap. . .
Good for you, I'm sure you'll absolutely love it. Yes, the Seaton's a great city bag, I live in London and use mine going for walks, travelling on the underground and buses, everywhere! I never have to worry about them, the Seaton's a very secure bag, robust and as you've already noted very elegant. Enjoy!

Congratulations on your first Mulberry. I have a good number of Mulberry bags from the past 6 years. The oldest, a mole grey Bayswater shows slight wear on the corners and slightly cracked sealant in one area of the topflap. The full sized Seaton I have was used a lot as a work bag prelockdown and is pretty much in immaculate condition after several years.

I’m sure you’ll have no issues and if you do Customer services would be happy to assist! Just enjoy your lovely new bag!

Reactions: Taimi
I’ve got a few mulberry pieces and the only one I’ve had issues with is their natural grain leather. It’s print assisted and as such scratches easily. The glazing is also tearing on the handle. I do admit this bag gets thrown around and have been using it constantly for a couple years, however it’s certainly put me off buying anything in that leather. Part of the fault is mine for sure, I should have done more research into the type of leather I was buying as I usually detest print assisted leathers. It hasn’t put me off the brand though, this year I bought two Anthony’s in silky calf and heavy grain and I can’t rate these enough! The silky calf is definitely more delicate but the scratches aren’t really all that noticeable. Heavy grain seems indestructible.