First purchase - need help with color!

catx

Jul 23, 2012
Hey guys. I am in a need of a small crossbody satchel and the Dillen II Crossbody Satchel caught my eye immediately. The problem is, as usual, the color.. I am thinking of getting it with the tan trim because the trim goes well with one pair of my boots, I just can't decide on the main color.. I have a Michael Kors handbag in black and in vanilla so I want something else but this Crossbody should be used pretty often when going mostly to work but also anywhere else (I work at a law office). I don't want the black one and I am pondering over the navy with tan trim and... a little pop of color - the pink one! I really love tangerine but I guess I wouldn't be able to use it that much as I would like and the color itself is really saturated. Do any of you happend to own a Dooney bag in this pink color? I couldn't find any photo how this color looks IRL. I am from out of the US so I have no chance to check out the colors in a department store.. Which one would you get? Any advice? Thanks a lot!

Catx,

I'd go with the navy!

First of all, I love navy bags but more importantly, I always worry about color transfer and especially with a crossbody since because of the nature of the style, it would touch your jeans or dark pants, so I always think of dark colors for crossbody bags, unless the case when you need one especially for summer and you can afford to only use it with light summer clothes, but it seems that's not the plan of use for yours. And since you alredy have a black one, navy would be the right choice. Also, you can carry a navy bag all year round, on spring and summer, I love it with white, yellow, green and on fall and winter, it would look fantastic with black, gray, purple, etc.

I'm sorry but I don't have pics of the pink one, I have seen it and it's a nice color but I like brighter colors and that one seemed a little lighter, kind of like a sorbet color.

This isn't the best picture of the pink with tan but will give you an idea of this color:

DBpinkPythonJanineYounkers_zps4b3c0789.jpg

Obviously the pink bag is behind the pink Python bag. I think the tone is fairly close to RL.

To second what MaryBel said about color transfer, I have a pink bag close to this color that has gotten some denim dye transfer before. Luckily she is coated cotton and the dark blue washed off with just a little water on a soft cloth!

Dooney makes beautiful navies!!

Sue

This isn't the best picture of the pink with tan but will give you an idea of this color:

DBpinkPythonJanineYounkers_zps4b3c0789.jpg

Obviously the pink bag is behind the pink Python bag. I think the tone is fairly close to RL.

To second what MaryBel said about color transfer, I have a pink bag close to this color that has gotten some denim dye transfer before. Luckily she is coated cotton and the dark blue washed off with just a little water on a soft cloth!

Dooney makes beautiful navies!!

Sue

Hey Sue, was that your raspberry satchel? I got that issue a couple of times, the first time I saw it, I freaked out for a minute, I was at the mall, so I got a wet napkin and cleaned it and once I saw it went off, I didn't worry about it and cleaned it once I got home. That's why I love the coated cottons, although my shinny IT white satchel got a little bit too and that one didn't cleaned as well.

Hey Sue, was that your raspberry satchel? I got that issue a couple of times, the first time I saw it, I freaked out for a minute, I was at the mall, so I got a wet napkin and cleaned it and once I saw it went off, I didn't worry about it and cleaned it once I got home. That's why I love the coated cottons, although my shinny IT white satchel got a little bit too and that one didn't cleaned as well.

YES!!

I was totally freaked out too. :confused1:

This was the first time it happened with a Dooney. I was so relieved when the blue came off my bag. Then it happened again with my white D II Satchel. I finally tracked down the culprit....an indigo cotton shirt from Nordies. I've washed the shirt a few more times (right in a row) with vinegar rinses. Now I only carry dark bags when & if I wear it! Actually I think it might be leaving my household soon!

Sue