First Premium Designer bag!!!

pixiepink37

Nov 3, 2007
Right now I own countless RM bags, Kors, and Lamb bags...but I am about to get my FIRST premium designer bag. I could scream I'm so excited :yahoo:

I want your help ladies and gents! I'm looking at the Nightengale, Giant City, and Chanel right now, but I am open for other suggestions as well. What would you get?

doreenjoy

zzz
Feb 6, 2008
I have a thing for Bottega Veneta....

But I'm sure no matter what you get, it'll be the start of a slippery slope.

LabelLover81

Peace Love & Purses
O.G.
Mar 5, 2010
Virginia
I agree, definitely try them on at the store! There have been times when I wanted a bag for MONTHS and instead of ordering it online, I went to the store to buy, and was super disappointed when I tried it on. But FYI, I do believe Chanel is the best choice.

Bubble_Bubble

Mar 28, 2010
Surrounded by water
I love both bags, but they are completely different. Try them and think about how to make the most of each one.
Personally, I think Chanel flap is mithycal and more classic than Balenciaga, but I should use the Balenciaga more than the Chanel bag.
Have you thought about the colour?

pixiepink37

Nov 3, 2007
the chanel flap is gorgeous! But part of me thinks I'd be too afraid to use it haha, because it is just so stunning I would never touch it. I'm definitely going to go try the bags on before I make a decision

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
NYC
I think, I am not at all positive, Hermes makes a bag in the 2k range. I would check them and BV too! Oh! and Valextra too!!

noon

*Sun in my eyes*
O.G.
Apr 1, 2007
by a sand castle
I dont think you will be disappointed with any of those bags, like others have mentioned I would throw BV into the mix as well. But personally I think the uses and styles of those bags are very different. It depends what kind of bag you want and what/how you will be using it.

Mar 28, 2010
England
Givenchy nightingale - i think this bag only looks good in beige/nude
Balenciaga Giant city - not a fan of this style at all
So out of the ones you have mentioned, well my vote is for a Chanel :biggrin:

IsaParis

O.G.
Apr 28, 2009
Paris
Right now I own countless RM bags, Kors, and Lamb bags...but I am about to get my FIRST premium designer bag. I could scream I'm so excited :yahoo:

I want your help ladies and gents! I'm looking at the Nightengale, Giant City, and Chanel right now, but I am open for other suggestions as well. What would you get?

Well this is a personal buy - try on everything that pleases you but most importantly - take your time to make the right choice!

If you like oversized bags (like the Givenchy) what do you think of the Heloise Chloé? It's so beautiful in tan :nuts: