First potential Valentino bag... feedback?

Stephg1027

Nov 10, 2016
Hello all! I am in the market for a nice yet versatile clutch style bag that also has chain option. Something like a WOC or similar. I came across this bag which I saw in person and really like! Its small enough to function as a clutch but wide enough where I can fit bare minimum for me (phone, keys, cards, lipgloss). I find traditional WOCS bulge out when I add my not very bulky keys which is a pet peeve of mine.

Thinking of taking the plunge since Saks has 12% cash back on ****** right now. Wondering if anyone has experience with this bag or something similar? Does the leather hold up well? Do the studs hold up well? Does this color tend to get dirty? This would not be an everyday bag and I do take good care of them but I still don't like things too too delicate. Was between this and a YSL WOC. TIA!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_15b2.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_15b2.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 114
I do not have this particular style you are considering but I have had 3 Valentino bags and 7 YSL ones and quality-wise I would pick YSL hands down every time. The Valentino bags have much softer leather (except for the Glam Lock, for the ones I have), and they do not hold up as well. I would pick the YSL WOC. I had one which I used daily for 2 years and it still looks good. However, I would advise you to pick one with the magnetic closure and not the normal snap button, as that was the bit that fell apart on mine. Hope that helps!

I do not have this particular style you are considering but I have had 3 Valentino bags and 7 YSL ones and quality-wise I would pick YSL hands down every time. The Valentino bags have much softer leather (except for the Glam Lock, for the ones I have), and they do not hold up as well. I would pick the YSL WOC. I had one which I used daily for 2 years and it still looks good. However, I would advise you to pick one with the magnetic closure and not the normal snap button, as that was the bit that fell apart on mine. Hope that helps!
Thank you!!