First Post - Personal experience w/ Shining Monkey spray for LV?

The last time I sprayed my bag was a month ago and it's still looking great. I think I'll spray every few months on my items like my cles and wallet since it gets fondled more often. (ohoho so fun to say fondled and lv togeter)

and ditto to jewelbear, fabric is the way to go. Yeah easy to apply and dried so quickly. Thank god because I had one moment of fear right before it dried LOL

I actually have personally spoken to Nick there and he asked me what I was going to use it on and I told him. We were laughing about it. I am waiting for mine to come. Do I have to wipe the hardware and stuff? I know with Scotchguard, it leaves a residue on the metal/hardware parts of the bag that I have to wipe with water on a paper towel.

I would be too scared to spay any kind of repellent on my bags. My handles are not as dark as I have seen my friend's LV bags, but then again I am really careful like for example when I go out to eat and wash my hands I put my bag where my knees are so the handles do not get wet (if you can picture what I mean). I'm just weird like that I don't like the dark handles. I like the "new" I just bought this bag look. That seems to work a little for me even though some of my handles will honey over time when they are in the sleeper.

I just ordered a can last week, still waiting on it to arrive...am curious as well on tips to using it:blink:

....afterthought, anyone have experience [or can you] use it on Uggs?

I actually got a water spot on my Vachetta of my wapity strap. Although I think the damage would have been much worse without the Shining Monkey, and I think it's def meant for stopping water on the canvas bit.

killerlife said:
I just got some of this. Someone tell me how to use it!:lol:
And if I need to wipe off anything after I spray, specifically the hardware??

Excellent question! I, too, would really appreciate instructions on how to apply it- I don't want anything to happen to my MC bucket bag :worried: .

eyelove said:
Does Shining Monkey leave a strong chemical smell on the bag once it's been sprayed? Because I prefer the natural smell of my LV bags.
i'd like to know too! i just sprayed my can outside to see what it smells like and "strong chemical smell" describes it exactly:wacko: