First (possibly only) Chanel; medium cf or trendy cc?

AnneLv

Oct 14, 2020
Hi.
I’ve always dreamed of having a ml classic flap in caviar with gold hardware..
But now that I’m in a place where I might be able to actually buy it, I’m having second thoughts..?
It’s still the one I love the most as of looks. But I see so many not liking the double flap and think it’s not very use friendly.
So I’m starting to think I should go for the trendy instead? I like the look of it too. But it isn’t my dream.. Get me?:P
I will probably only Get to buy the one. At least for years and years. So don’t want to go wrong..
any thoughts?

Last edited:
I would get the classic flap as it seems you’ve been yearning for it for quite a while. As such, the trendy (or any other bag for that matter) will not kill this yearning.

The double flap on the m/l is not that bad. I say this as someone who is actually not a double flap fan, but lately I’ve been liking the outer front pocket on my m/l bags for my phone (my single flap jumbos don’t have this).

Definitely the M/L classic flap. It’s very user-friendly, luxurious, and will never go out of style. It just makes you feel special when you carry it. I only use mine on special occasions, or when I’m going out somewhere nice. But, you could also use it as an everyday bag.

CF- especially if you have decided on caviar leather.
I don't believe Trendy is available in caviar and most choose caviar for the durability.
If you will buy one Chanel bag, you want to be able to use it regularly without worry!

Good luck on your decision!

I agree that the CF is the way to go. You won't be as happy with a Trendy you'll just have to start the saving over again! Always get the thing your heart truly truly desires! Also, I LOVE my CF, and I don't find the opening difficult at all to use.

Another vote for cf! I think it’s the kind of bag where if you’ve been thinking about it for a while you’re likely to keep thinking about it for longer if you don’t buy it now, just because it’s so classic! It also is better at keeping its value, not that it should be the primary reason to buy a bag, but when you’re not 100% certain I think it is better at protecting against the pangs of buyers remorse if you’re, so it’s safer also. I love my m/l cf which is like 15 years old but it still looks really good and remains not only relevant but also coveted.

I vote for the CF from a different perspective. First off you are yearning for the CF. I don't own a CF but I own a Trendy. I absolutely love my trendy. Haven't said that, it's only made in lambskin and for me its a piece to be admired and used lightly. A m/l cf in caviar can be used as a work horse bag. I would never dream of using my trendy as an everyday bag. I hope this helps.