First Pink Mini City reveal and thoughts! :)

Jnly

Jan 18, 2014
I bought this bag some odd weeks ago but never had the chance to post a thread on it! As a handbag addict, I really wanted to get this post out for those who are seeking their perfect pink balenciaga. I was stuck btwn choosing powder pink or Rose Peche. Its from the 2013 S/S collection. I found it brand new from a seller in Singapore. I'm happy I went with the mini city instead of a town because I'm not really fond of the town shape!

As you can see in the pictures, an ipad mini and a full size continental wallet does fit in the mini city. However not both at the same time! This bag actually fits all of my essentials and due to the shape, there is zero sagging.

Cons:
- Bag slips off shoulder when not wearing it crossbody. I'm 5'2 and I find it a bit too short to wear cross body sometimes!
- The strap shows lots of wear if you switch btwn the holes. The gold stud that holds the strap adjustment together has to "break" the leather in order to stay in place. I think this is common occurrence for balenciaga adjustable straps in general tho...

N0MsETr.png

Rk63cog.png

BdTSNT7.png

Congrats.! it is a cute little bag. Now I have a mini city , but not using it that often since it doesn't fit all off essentials. Still I like it. To me, I will stick with balenciaga city from now on. If for the smaller size I want to try the "first".

I bought this bag some odd weeks ago but never had the chance to post a thread on it! As a handbag addict, I really wanted to get this post out for those who are seeking their perfect pink balenciaga. I was stuck btwn choosing powder pink or Rose Peche. Its from the 2013 S/S collection. I found it brand new from a seller in Singapore. I'm happy I went with the mini city instead of a town because I'm not really fond of the town shape!

As you can see in the pictures, an ipad mini and a full size continental wallet does fit in the mini city. However not both at the same time! This bag actually fits all of my essentials and due to the shape, there is zero sagging.

Cons:
- Bag slips off shoulder when not wearing it crossbody. I'm 5'2 and I find it a bit too short to wear cross body sometimes!
- The strap shows lots of wear if you switch btwn the holes. The gold stud that holds the strap adjustment together has to "break" the leather in order to stay in place. I think this is common occurrence for balenciaga adjustable straps in general tho...

N0MsETr.png

Rk63cog.png

BdTSNT7.png

Hey Jnly, I'm just a tad bit taller (~5'3") and I dont have an issue with the length. I wear it crossbody without an issue at the third/center hole. And yes, I have difficulty wearing it on one shoulder too. I think this is the case with all bal bags tho, including the City.

Like you mentioned, the breaking of the leather is normal if you attempt to adjust the length - they give you the slits in the leather for this if you look closely. Once it's broken in, I had managed to fit my nexus 7 AND continental wallet (http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/whats-in-your-bbag-21923-225.html#post25665352). And you're right, I have had it for almost a year now, wearing it everyday monday to friday, stuffing things inside, and it does NOT SAG! Here it is 10 months later (http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/whats-in-your-bbag-21923-233.html#post27191448). I use leather honey on it once every 3-4 months and it looks still really new.

I got a mini city once and promptly sold it. Not really because of the size but the hardware wasn't what I wanted and the leather was really dry and not luxurious on the one I got. Yours looks perfect though! Makes me rethink the mini city.

Hey Jnly, I'm just a tad bit taller (~5'3") and I dont have an issue with the length. I wear it crossbody without an issue at the third/center hole. And yes, I have difficulty wearing it on one shoulder too. I think this is the case with all bal bags tho, including the City.

Like you mentioned, the breaking of the leather is normal if you attempt to adjust the length - they give you the slits in the leather for this if you look closely. Once it's broken in, I had managed to fit my nexus 7 AND continental wallet (http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/whats-in-your-bbag-21923-225.html#post25665352). And you're right, I have had it for almost a year now, wearing it everyday monday to friday, stuffing things inside, and it does NOT SAG! Here it is 10 months later (http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/whats-in-your-bbag-21923-233.html#post27191448). I use leather honey on it once every 3-4 months and it looks still really new.

Wow! You sure carry lots of stuff in your mini!!! What color is it? That combi looks awesome!

I am in love with your mini city. At first I really wanted this bag but couldn't find any left in the US, so I went with rose azalea classic hardware which I consider to be my perfect pink bal bag and I'm still in love with her till this day. However, I believe that your rose peche goes so beautifully with the gold hardware. It is a dream to look at. It would be great if you could post some more lovely pics and possibly do some modeling shots? Because trust me, I have been waiting for such a long time for someone to post up a review of this particular bag in this color. Thank u!!!!