First piece

anna2b2

Aug 14, 2020
I'm moving away from handbags and getting more into jewelry. With that, I would like to add my first Van Cleef piece and I'm wondering which one you would recommend?
The ones I'm considering are the MOP vintage alhambra pendant in yg, or the MOP 5 motif bracelet in yg. I currently wear a black bead/yg necklace and love and JUC bracelets.

I'm pretty sure I will end up with both pieces but want to buy them separately for special occasions.

I have the bracelet and love it. I wear it with my Loves, no issues for either. I don't wear it 24/7 and I had it sized for a snugger fit and it can be hard to put on and take off but it is so beautiful to look at. Either one will be a great first piece.

Reactions: YEANETT and anna2b2
I would get the pendant first, and I recommend that you wear it daily or often and not just for special occasions. It would make a great daily accompaniment with your Cartier pieces. I have the MOP bracelet and find I wear it less often because it’s more delicate. (I also have the pendant but it’s less worrisome due to its being a pendant.)

Another vote for the pendant - much easier for daily wear. I find it too hard to put on the bracelet sometimes. Third would be the earrings (but one word of caution, maybe it's just me, but I found the posts to be too thick so I had to take it back and get it shaved thinner)

Reactions: anna2b2
I'm moving away from handbags and getting more into jewelry. With that, I would like to add my first Van Cleef piece and I'm wondering which one you would recommend?
The ones I'm considering are the MOP vintage alhambra pendant in yg, or the MOP 5 motif bracelet in yg. I currently wear a black bead/yg necklace and love and JUC bracelets.
I'm pretty sure I will end up with both pieces but want to buy them separately for special occasions.
Pendant...it's fool proof. The bracelet is more prone to wear and tear.

Hi VCA lovers,

I bought my first pendant necklace. The Alhambra sweet necklace, the pendant clover seems a bit round bended. Is this normal to not be clear straight? I might over exaggerate, its only a slight bit bend. Having a bit of OCD with new pieces and have been worried about it a bit (thinking all the same, can it shrink or bend by wearing the first day with a bit of lotion?)

help me out!

Welcome to your first foray into the VCA world. There’s no going back now :biggrin:.. well, jokes apart, my first two pieces of jewelry from VCA were the 5 motif white MOP bracelet and magic ring. I love both pieces but I find I wear my 5 motif less and less. Not because I find it delicate but because I tend to wear my solid/structured bracelets more for ease of use. Since you already have JUC and Love bracelets, my choice would be the pendant for you. Wishing you the very best on your decision.

Reactions: YEANETT and hhw