First piece from VCA: which one I should choose?

Angiesese

Nov 16, 2013
Hello ladies, this is my first post in this subforum and I need your kind advice in order to make a well tought choice on my first piece of VCA jewelry. Sadly, I don't have the financial possibilities of many of you here who have stunning collections so this piece will be my one and only for the next 2 or 3 years to come. My beloved grandmother passed away earlier this year just some days before my Bday and with the money she left me I bought a sweet Cartier trinity necklace that is just perfect for my petite frame (5.1 ft) and that I am totally in love with because of its eternity love and friendship meanings. Some days ago my DM informed that there is another little amount of money aside that I could use for my personal necessities. Even though I could use it entirely, I am pretty sure that I could feel buyer's remorse buying a vintage YG onyx Alhambra because actually DH and I are looking for a bigger house and we are putting money aside for our 3 ys old DD too. So, here comes the dilemma: is the sweet MOP necklace worth it? I also love to pieces the Frivole YG sweet one... Or in the end it would be better to buy an artisanal piece? I work a lot and when I am at home I tend to stay with my baby so actually I don't have enough spare time to go to the boutique here in Milan and see them in person!
Thank you so much for your help and I apologize for my awful english [emoji13]

Mar 4, 2016
Hi and welcome! Honestly, any piece is worth it as long as you love it and wear it. Everyone has different tastes, budgets, and preferences. Here is a pic from a fellow tpfer so you can see the sweet mop pendant. As you can see, it is a lovely, demure piece. IMG_1495454975.355623.jpg The mini frivole line is equally nice and the shiny gold/white gold makes it shimmer nicely. There is a great thread dedicated to the mini frivole line.
Just a thought, since you have the Cartier necklace, perhaps you can choose a bracelet or earrings to complement it - like the sweet earrings or mini frivole earrings. I have both and wear them equally. Good luck and I hope you select the piece that's just right for you.

Coconuts40

Aug 3, 2014
Hi Angiesese,
We all know how difficult it can be to chose such investment pieces. I love the symbolism of the Cartier trinity necklace and your choice to purchase it. I feel you may want to consider purchasing something that can compliment it? I agree with lasttotheparty that purchasing earrings or a bracelet to wear and compliment your Cartier necklace may be a nice choice. Alhambra and frivole are both stunning and you can't go wrong with either choice! Personally I find earrings much easier to wear than bracelets. Comfortable earrings are so easy to wear all day without having to adjust them. Personally I find I always need to always think about them when wearing. If you decide on a bracelet, I would go for the sweet alhambra instead of the sweet frivole bracelet. The frivole is 3D and will get scratched more than the alhambra as a bracelet. In earring choice, both the sweet alhambra and sweet frivole are beautiful. :smile:

Angiesese

Nov 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your reply! I am not really a bracelet girl and the only one I keep wearing 24/7 is the black Kelly Dog I bought in december! I noticed the sweet earrings but they seem to be pricier than their relative necklaces! Btw I totally love earrings and I cherish my simple diamond studs, the black and white diamond hoops from DH and my 10mm metallic Freshadama and Tahitian black pearls fron the amazing gals at PearlParadise!

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2016
I, too prefer earrings to any other jewelry. Diamond studs were my staple for decades. If you would like a classic piece, then I'd definitely recommend sweet earrings. I have the mop yellow gold and adore them. Alhambra is timeless and classic VCA.
But, if you prefer to explore bracelets then I agree with Coconuts40 and would again lean towards Alhambra.

Jan 2, 2013
Hello,

I'm also a newbie to VCA and I'm debating whether I should purchase a 5 motif Alhambra bracelet because I really like the option of connecting it to a 10 motif later on or if I should purchase a single motif pendant as my first piece?

Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: DS2006

Mediana

~Travelista~
O.G.
May 7, 2007
Sweden
Hello,

I'm also a newbie to VCA and I'm debating whether I should purchase a 5 motif Alhambra bracelet because I really like the option of connecting it to a 10 motif later on or if I should purchase a single motif pendant as my first piece?

Thanks for the advice!
I think it comes down to which you would use most. A pendant or a bracelet.

Lisa-SH

Lisa-SH
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
N/A
Agree. It is a journey that after trying on and wearing more you eventually would realize what style suits you the best. Myself, similar situation, I bought 5 motifs, then 10 motifs necklace, thought the I would like the different option (10 motifs necklace & 15 motifs necklace) to wear that. Eventually I exchanged them to get the long 20 motifs necklace and loved it since. As the 20 motifs fits my outfit more, and it is so convenient to wear.