First piece advice??

Jan 9, 2019
I know tons of threads like these have been made before, but I'm just so lost!! My birthday is coming up soon and I'd love to celebrate it with my first VCA piece because this has been a really special year for me, and I've narrowed it down to two different pieces:

The chalcedony pendant
upload_2019-3-6_22-20-40.png
or
The sweet six-motif pink gold bracelet
upload_2019-3-6_22-21-24.png

They're both so different and have their own charm. I just adore the gorgeous coloring and striations of the chalcedony, but the six motif is just so dainty and delicate and because it's all gold I could wear it every day. They're the same price too which makes it even harder!! Another worry is that after doing some research on the forum, chalcedony might be getting phased out? So maybe I should just get it now??

Ahh this was such a long post, but it's such an expensive purchase so I'd love if the experts (y'all) weighed in. Does anyone have pics/mod shots of one of these pieces? What they think of it after using it? Or even just which do y'all think would make for the best starter piece? Anything would help me rn haha! Thanks!!

Jan 14, 2008
If you really like the Chalcedony then I would get that now. Then I would get the all gold piece later as that will be more available at any time. I have a 10 motif Chalcedony necklace and I am glad I got it. It’s really a gorgeous color with the white gold.

Jan 9, 2019
If you really like the Chalcedony then I would get that now. Then I would get the all gold piece later as that will be more available at any time. I have a 10 motif Chalcedony necklace and I am glad I got it. It’s really a gorgeous color with the white gold.
Haha I haven’t posted here before, so I forgot to quote you! How durable is the chalcedony + do you mind sending some pics? Thanks for replying!

sroze

O.G.
Oct 25, 2008
I recently went looking for my first VCA piece and went with the Sweet Alhambra 6 motif diamond/white gold bracelet. It has never left my wrist and it gives me joy daily. For me a necklace is something I change depending on what I’m wearing and I wanted something I’d wear every day.
And so I’d choose the bracelet for my first piece.

Reactions: BBC and luvprada