First patent bag

YYZinSFO

Sep 25, 2012
Hi. I just purchased my first Coach patent bag. Lindsey in Crimson. Are there any precautions or special care instructions that I should take? I know that patent cannot be cleaned and I am concerned about colour transfer etc.
If I put a metal fob on it will this cause problems? (I was thinking the rainy-day fob).
Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

I have that bag and I LOVE it. No scratches from my key fobs. I just wipe off smudges with a damp cloth. I store it in its dust bag and keep it stuffed with the tissue paper it came with when not in use.

Patent leather is pretty easy to keep clean, just wipe it off with a damp cloth cloth as the other poster said. I personally stay away from pointy fobs like stars but the rainy day fob should be fine. I always keep receipts away from my my patent because it will transfer but I've never had a problem with color transfer from clothing. I think you will be fine. :smile:

I use the Tony Duquette with my patent Sophia and it is pretty pointy, but it doesn't scratch. The only precautions I take is to make sure it doesn't touch anything else patent and I stuff it when I store it so it doesn't get any weird folds. This is my rainy day bag. It can take any kind of weather and doesn't stain. Sometimes the patent fogs up but wiping it takes care of that.

Congrats! I have crimson patent large Sophia and I agree with the other posters. Just take those few simple precautions and she'll remain gorgeous for years.