First pair of Diamond studs for the DF....

ac921ol

O.G.
Sep 21, 2011
Ok, so for x-mas I plan on getting her, her first pair of diamond studs, her e-ring is princess cut with a halo around it, so im thinking princess cut studs.

My only issue is size. She is a small girl, 5'3 and 110 lbs. I was thinking that maybe .5ct TW would be good enough for her first pair, but that is also why i am asking for help here, I am not sure if those are good for her, I could go get her a .75 ct TW if it might fit her better.

was looking at sizes from this site but I am not sure if the images to the left are accurate and if they are images of the single stud or if that is an image of what the TW would look like.

Was also thinking of possibly purchasing from here as well

https://www.diamondstudsonly.com/Diamond-Stud-Earrings.cfm

attached a picture to give you an idea of her face and dimensions/proportions.

Thanks for the help.

(and No I do not plan on getting anything bigger then 1.0ct TW if it comes to that, cause we have our anniversary in feb, and I will be getting her another LV or ome CL and going away for the weekend)

Attachments

• IMG_2469.JPG
    IMG_2469.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 1,108
Being petite doesn't really affect earring size all that much IMO. I am petite (5'3", 100lbs) and wear 1 carat TW diamond studs. They are a good size for me. I guess if you have the financial resources, get the .75 (assuming that the quality is the same as what you would purchase in the 1/2 carat size). Also, princess cut always looks smaller to me anyways, so .75 might be a better purchase for that particular cut.

Being petite doesn't really affect earring size all that much IMO. I am petite (5'3", 100lbs) and wear 1 carat TW diamond studs. They are a good size for me. I guess if you have the financial resources, get the .75 (assuming that the quality is the same as what you would purchase in the 1/2 carat size). Also, princess cut always looks smaller to me anyways, so .75 might be a better purchase for that particular cut.

Any chance you have a picture laying around? lol

Yeah I guess size of her earlobe is more important then anything else. Im going to need to pay attention to that when I get home.

Would going with round diamond studs be a bad thing??
here is a quick snap shot she has up on her ring on her blog.

Attachments

• ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,867
I like all my diamonds to be fancy shapes, except for my earrings. I have princess studs and round studs. I wear my rounds, which are much smaller, all the time because they're always in the right position. With the princess, I'm constantly adjusting them so that they are straight on my ear. And always go as big as you can when it comes to diamonds!

1ctw is a nice size if the budget allows. I think round cut is most classic.
You can always start smaller and trade up. That's what I did with my diamond earrings since I couldn't afford thousands of dollars at the time.

Any chance you have a picture laying around? lol

Yeah I guess size of her earlobe is more important then anything else. Im going to need to pay attention to that when I get home.

Would going with round diamond studs be a bad thing??
here is a quick snap shot she has up on her ring on her blog.

I don't think I have any pics close enough to see my earrings.
I actually have two earring holes in each ear and I wear a pair of small rose gold hoops in the bottom holes and the round diamond studs in the top holes. If you're talking about ear lobe size, my top hole has less ear lobe space and they still look great (if that makes any sense?). Unless your DF is matchy-matchy about things (like wanting the shape of her diamond earrings to match her ring), then I would go with the round.

It really depends how big and meaty her ear lobes are. If her ears lobes are small and thin, I'd say go for the .5 ct tw and vice versa assuming you are getting the same clarity and color. However, if means going bigger for a lower color and clarity, then I'd suggest going smaller. My DH just gave me my first diamond stud earrings as well and I am over the moon.

I'd go with the .75 rounds. There's no need for her studs to match the shape of the E-ring & like etk said, the princess would tun & that would be annoying. (Plus rounds sparkle more) Her size body is pretty irrelevant - I'm 5'10" & have tiny earlobes. That being said, .75tw would never be "too big", so if you can afford the bigger ones, I'd get those :yes:

If she has small lobes, .75 will be great. I have attached lobes, literally no lobe really. My ear attaches right to my head. I wear .50 all the time, feel they are a tad small. .75 looks better. I also have 1.5 and they look massive.

So it seems like go with round over princess. The pros definitely outweigh the cons, next question when and why would I go with 3 or 4 prong settings?

And size wise depends on her earlobe which of its small .5 will look fine, also .75 seems fine as well. I'll see of its a smaller lobe or bigger one later tonight.