First pair...nervous and need help :)

LLEvans4

O.G.
Apr 21, 2007
Hello ladies. Help me! :smile: I've visited stores, tried on several pairs and am just about ready to purchase. What would you suggest for a classic, walkable pair to start with? I want black and probably 100 or 85mm for the height. Any advice would be much appreciated. :smile: Also, I see there are things you can add to the bottoms to protect the soles. Yay or nay? Thank you so much!

I have a pair of Very Prive 100 black patent. They are not uncomfortable (although they did need some breaking in), they're classic, and I did replace the sole with a red grip (not Vibram) with a cobbler who did a lot of Loubies.

If you really want to walk a lot I would suggest the 85s but they aren't quite as sexy. :biggrin:

Reactions: LLEvans4
Hello ladies. Help me! :smile: I've visited stores, tried on several pairs and am just about ready to purchase. What would you suggest for a classic, walkable pair to start with? I want black and probably 100 or 85mm for the height. Any advice would be much appreciated. :smile: Also, I see there are things you can add to the bottoms to protect the soles. Yay or nay? Thank you so much!

I think you will find so kate 120mm to be very wearable and walkable with a bit of practice. I felt this same way when I started with Louboutins but with a bit of practice I am now wearing, walking, and standing all day in 130mm Hot Chicks, Where there's a will there is a way dear.

I have a pair of Very Prive 100 black patent. They are not uncomfortable (although they did need some breaking in), they're classic, and I did replace the sole with a red grip (not Vibram) with a cobbler who did a lot of Loubies.

If you really want to walk a lot I would suggest the 85s but they aren't quite as sexy. :biggrin:
Thank you! :smile:

I think you will find so kate 120mm to be very wearable and walkable with a bit of practice. I felt this same way when I started with Louboutins but with a bit of practice I am now wearing, walking, and standing all day in 130mm Hot Chicks, Where there's a will there is a way dear.
So Kate would be the classic stye you'd suggest? I know I couldn't do the 120 but maybe the 100 :smile:

Reactions: jess236

I don’t have CLs but I have gotten vibrams for my other leather-soled shoes and they do give me peace of mind. It may be less of an issue for you if you don’t walk much or if you don’t expect to wear them often. I’d say they’re worth it to prolong the life of your expensive shoes.

Good luck with your new purchase! I would suggest the same as others kate or pigalle in 85mm or 100mm! Even simple pump if you want a round toe.
I find these much more comfortable than pigalle follies 85mm and 100mm [emoji4]

I would suggest you to NOT go for So Kate as first pair, I had to sell it because couldn’t walk on it without crying. My bf put a veto on me that he was not going to go out with me if I wear it again. You might be able to stand on it but definitely not walk.
I got the Pigalle 100 and it’s perfect, if you go for stiletto the décolleté could be a replacement for So Kate. So Kate only exists in 120, at least in Europe .
I also like the Pigalle Plato with the small pump in the front

Reactions: aksaiyo and bisousx