First pair help- BLACK PATENT OR BLACK KID VPS?

Black patent or Black kid VPs?

• Black patent

• black kid

Results are only viewable after voting.

scorpio13

Apr 16, 2007
CA
For my very first pair (which I've been dreaming about for a long time but didn't think would ever come), should I pick black patent VPs or black kid VPs?​

meggyg8r

killing them softly
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
Florida
Where are you going to wear them mostly? Out? Work? Patent is more sexy and has more of an edge and kid is more classic and versatile. It all depends on how and where you're going to be wearing them! You can't go wrong with either, though!

ronsdiva

NE Born OH Bred
O.G.
Jul 6, 2007
Maryland
I voted black kid just because you can dress them up or down easily. I am partial to the ones with the red or burgandy toe as it adds a bit of pop.

That being said, I have the black patent which are dressier, but you can still wear them with jeans & slacks to up the wow factor of those basics. The patent are nice if you want to really dress up. I have found my patent vps to be just as comfy as the kid.

lawgirl78

Nov 3, 2008
New York, NY
I'm usually all about the kid leather, especially for day to day, but something about the VPs screams patent to me. Although the black kid is gorgeous too!

hlfinn

ASO The Today Show
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
i know i say this all over but if you can find it i would pick black jazz. they're slightly shinier than kid but not as shiny as patent. i don't know if vps are made in this anymore. i found a pair on ebay. i like it because it's slightly dressier for night but not to dressy for day. barring that i would pick black kid. i love patent but i think if it's your first pair- kid goes with everything and would be a great wear anytime shoe.

rilokiley

Oct 15, 2008
Both are great, and you can't go wrong. I voted patent though- there's just something about the shiny black patent against a bright red sole :love: