First official post in the Balenciaga forum!

HeatherL

Mar 6, 2015
Hi All,

I'm new to Balenciaga but have been stocking/obsessing the City bag for the past two years.

I actually ordered my first one in Lagon from fashionfile last week. I received the bag on Saturday and it just wasn't love. The color is much greener than I expected and although it is beautiful, it's not for me. I'm heartbroken.
This was my first experience seeing a Balenciaga in real life though and I was able to put my stuff in and am now 100% confident the style works for me and is exactly what I want. Now the hard part/fun part, choosing a color again.
I think I've decided I want a neutral with a punch (not my typical standard grey or black), for my first City.
I'm eyeing Jacynthe, again sight unseen, however it seems like it hits all the sweet spots I'm looking for. I believe it looks like a year round color that will go with just about anything.
I posted my find in the authentic thread.
Does anyone have words of wisdom for a newbie? Do you think Jacynthe is a good first choice?
Thanks for reading and I hope to post in the "Jan/Feb new additions" and "which Balenciaga bag are you wearing today" thread soon [emoji3]

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
the good thing is that Fashionphile has a great return policy, so you can return one and try another until you find a color that might work. good luck:smile:

Exactly, which is why I jumped on Lagon through Fashionphile. I googled that color forever and loved it but IRL it just wasn't me and so different. I was hoping for love but knew I didn't have to keep it. It took the stress away.
The next bag I'm eyeing is on eBay with no returns so I'm scared. The color is IMO a neutral and may not be out of my comfort zone IRL but you just never know. Decisions, decisions.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Exactly, which is why I jumped on Lagon through Fashionphile. I googled that color forever and loved it but IRL it just wasn't me and so different. I was hoping for love but knew I didn't have to keep it. It took the stress away.
The next bag I'm eyeing is on eBay with no returns so I'm scared. The color is IMO a neutral and may not be out of my comfort zone IRL but you just never know. Decisions, decisions.
I will not dare to comment or recommend any colour to you just because i have just scored a Day in the same Lagoon and i am head-over-heels in love with it :biggrin: my humble opinion is that if you are not yet sure, then go for the black. Once you get a really neutral and go-with-everything Bal you can take your time and search for the colour that will make your heart sing :love:

I will not dare to comment or recommend any colour to you just because i have just scored a Day in the same Lagoon and i am head-over-heels in love with it :biggrin: my humble opinion is that if you are not yet sure, then go for the black. Once you get a really neutral and go-with-everything Bal you can take your time and search for the colour that will make your heart sing :love:

I can see why you are in love with your Day, it really is a beautiful color. It's just not what I was hoping for, I was thinking it was more Blue and not as much green.
Your logic of going with black first (which who doesn't love a black City), is something I considered for a long time. I currently have too many bags (for me) and already have my staple black bag and a staple grey bag as well. It seems I am drawn to neutrals more then I actually thought, which is probably why Lagon is "too much" for me.
I am in the process of selling a lot of my bags and redefining my collection. I "need" a Balenciaga in my collection [emoji1].
Ugh, honestly the only thing holding me back from the new purchase is I haven't seen the color in real life and it's non-returnable if I'm not head over heals love it.
I'd say from all the pics I've seen, it's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for and won't be "too much" but I did have my heart set on Lagon and that outcome is not what I hoped for....
Thanks for your input!

Reactions: ksuromax
I can see why you are in love with your Day, it really is a beautiful color. It's just not what I was hoping for, I was thinking it was more Blue and not as much green.
Your logic of going with black first (which who doesn't love a black City), is something I considered for a long time. I currently have too many bags (for me) and already have my staple black bag and a staple grey bag as well. It seems I am drawn to neutrals more then I actually thought, which is probably why Lagon is "too much" for me.
I am in the process of selling a lot of my bags and redefining my collection. I "need" a Balenciaga in my collection [emoji1].
Ugh, honestly the only thing holding me back from the new purchase is I haven't seen the color in real life and it's non-returnable if I'm not head over heals love it.
I'd say from all the pics I've seen, it's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for and won't be "too much" but I did have my heart set on Lagon and that outcome is not what I hoped for....
Thanks for your input!
what is the color you're now looking at? maybe someone who owns it will come along...

Hi. I am sorry Lagon was not love for you. It's good that you are able to return it. Colors are so subjective -- what is beautiful and "perfect for me" for one person may be beautiful but "not for me" for another person. I am not familiar with Jacynthe so I can't comment on it. Perhaps some kind of navy blue or brown may be a good neutral for you? My advice is to keep trying until you find the one. I also bought my first one sight unseen -- bleu lavande. Luckily for me, I absolute love it. With my preloved ones, it's a gamble every time not having seen it in person -- that's why it's important for me to buy from a place where they allow returns. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hi. I am sorry Lagon was not love for you. It's good that you are able to return it. Colors are so subjective -- what is beautiful and "perfect for me" for one person may be beautiful but "not for me" for another person. I am not familiar with Jacynthe so I can't comment on it. Perhaps some kind of navy blue or brown may be a good neutral for you? My advice is to keep trying until you find the one. I also bought my first one sight unseen -- bleu lavande. Luckily for me, I absolute love it. With my preloved ones, it's a gamble every time not having seen it in person -- that's why it's important for me to buy from a place where they allow returns. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thank you!

Colors really are so subjective.

I have a navy bag and I really like it, but I know navy isn't a love for me & the closest I've gotten to brown is taupe. I like taupe as well but again, not a strong love.

I want my first City to be striking but in a special neutral way (maybe I'm too picky, but there are so many colors to chose from).

From what I can tell Jacynthe is a grey/blue color so I get my comfort grey with a punch of blue (I also love blue). It also seems like a chameleon in different lighting as well, and from the pics I've seen none are to harsh or outside my comfort level.
Bleu lavande is beautiful, so happy you lucked out sight unseen!

It probably is best to buy (if never seen before) from a place that takes returns.

What type of leather do you prefer?? What is your current favourite bag?
Smooth? Soft? Slouchy? Thick and sturdy? Supple? Grainy? Structured?

I don't have a Balenciaga leather preference but that's probably because I've only ever touched the Lagon City. The new bag I'm looking at is from the same season so I already know what to expect. I loved the leather of the Lagon.

I like soft and slouchy over all, but I also like pebbled and sometimes saffiano. I guess I'm all over the place.

I don't have a Balenciaga leather preference but that's probably because I've only ever touched the Lagon City. The new bag I'm looking at is from the same season so I already know what to expect. I loved the leather of the Lagon.

I like soft and slouchy over all, but I also like pebbled and sometimes saffiano. I guess I'm all over the place.
Even in the same season leathers can vary
i have 3 from 2012, all are different