Votes: 131 65.2%
  • B30 Etain PHW

Votes: 70 34.8%

• Total voters

litostar

O.G.
May 11, 2011
Hi everyone!
First of all, I would love to thank everyone for their knowledge, opinions, suggestions, etc. I know I’ve asked so many questions that’s many also asks and there are no hard answers when it comes to Hermes. Thank you for everyone’s patience as well! I’ve come to learn so much more and finally I’ve been given my first offer! Now I just need some help trying to decide what to get!

I was offered a B25 Noir GHW and a B30 Etain with PHW. Both are neutrals and in Togo leather so colour and hardware isn’t the deciding factor for me. I have pros and cons of each listed and still can’t seem to decide as the biggest cons for B25 is the top handle for me and the possible trend going away for small bags and B30 would be the weight of the bag. For those that owns both, would you be able to chime in which you use the most or which you actually prefer?

Thank you!

A Birkin would never be off trend, no matter the size. :smile:

I don’t own a Birkin yet, but here’s my $.02!
I don’t think the 25 is crazy small. I recently bought a preloved K35 in Togo from a reputable preloved site and she isn’t even super heavy (to me) so I don’t think a B30 would really be that much heavier than a B25.

What do you typically carry? Do you like to have a little extra room in your bag?

You couldn’t go wrong either way. Both sound gorgeous.

I was offered a B25 Noir GHW and a B30 Etain with PHW. Both are neutrals and in Togo leather so colour and hardware isn’t the deciding factor for me. I have pros and cons of each listed and still can’t seem to decide as the biggest cons for B25 is the top handle for me and the possible trend going away for small bags and B30 would be the weight of the bag. For those that owns both, would you be able to chime in which you use the most or which you actually prefer?

I have a few Birkin 25's and 30's. In my opinion the 30 is the perfect Birkin. Not too big like a 35, but can hold a lot more than a 25. The weight of a 30 isn't a concern to me at all (compared to the 35). 25 is great if you already have a few Birkin's and want something fun but not as practical for day to day.

If you decide to go with the B30 I'd make sure you like the shade of etain. Sometimes etain comes out cooler (more grey, my preference) or warmer (more greige). I have etains in both gradients and they look completely different.

This depends on your lifestyle and frame I think. I do not bring much when I go out and to be honest the mini kelly is enough for my things without my phone in it.. i have a b30 which i do not use often because my things are quite loose inside and it looks big on my frame. I am 5’3 and 52kg, quite petite. Right now, i know for sure that my perfect size is a 25.

you need to imagine that they are both the same colour, with the same hardware - then which would you choose
size is probably the most important choice to be clear about
then having decided on the size imagine, you are just chosing between the colours
and finally the hardware

that should help you find out what is most important for you
AND if neither match up, be prepared to pass on both
thank your SA for the choice and explain it has helped you realise that what you want is . . .
getting the hardware combination you prefer might be more difficult, but the sizes and colours are desirable and available

Are you able to try the bags on? I have both sizes and to be honest, they both have a place in my wardrobe and serve different purpose. It really would boil down to how much you carry, if you care how it suits your frame, will this be your one B (if not, get what serves you best now)? how do you like to carry your bag?

The 25 is great if you don't carry much and it transitions to evening better, the handle could be a issue if you don't like to hand carry or if it doesn't fit in the crook of your arm. The 30 is a great overall size, fits quite a bit more than 25, is slightly big for evening, but will work, crook of arm no problem. For weight, my 25 is noticeably lighter so that's a plus, the 30 is a tad heavy once I fill it.

As for trend, the mini bags are in as we all know, if your worried about that, stick with the 30, it's the perfect overall med sized bag.

B25 is amazing size if carrying small to regular amount of stuff and great in social/casual setting.
B30 More practical if carrying more stuffs (like for work) can fit a ton of things if necessary. This is the max size I carry.
B25 much lighter than B30 but both not really "heavy" to me and I do not like heavy bags.
I have both and love/use both.
Of the two offered u, I picked black B25 for sure. Classic and gorgeous.
U will love the size unless you have big frame.

Depends on so many factors. A B25 looked ridiculously small on my wife. Like she’s carrying an American Doll accessory. She is 5’10 though. She didn’t like the limited amount of things it holds so was a definitive “no” to our SA. B30 fits her better. Depending on your own build and carry habits, a B25 may be perfect for you. Don’t think you can go wrong with either of you can pull them off. The black/gold combo is a much more classic combo while etain/palladium is more casual.

before I cast my vote :biggrin: I need more info:

May I ask what are you going to use it for ? is it for work ?
do you carry lots of stuff ? or like me only the essentials ?

Keep in mind that a Birkin 30 is a more roomy k28 without a strap , So maybe your k28 will do the trick and you can buy a smaller bag instead.

finally , an Out of the box thought , from what I see in your signature you are "Patiently waiting to be offered a Kelly 25 in neutral color" .Can you ask your SA for a K25 instead ? will it hurt ?

I would pick the B25 from your choices just because you already have a K28 (based on your avatar?). While a K28 doesn’t fit as much as a B30, it’s close and you got that part covered.

Reactions: litostar
A Birkin would never be off trend, no matter the size. :smile:

I don’t own a Birkin yet, but here’s my $.02!
I don’t think the 25 is crazy small. I recently bought a preloved K35 in Togo from a reputable preloved site and she isn’t even super heavy (to me) so I don’t think a B30 would really be that much heavier than a B25.

What do you typically carry? Do you like to have a little extra room in your bag?

You couldn’t go wrong either way. Both sound gorgeous.

Thanks for giving me your 2 cents! I agree that either size would never being off trend being that it's a Birkin! The reason why I say is heavy is because I carried my friend's B30 in togo and the first thing that came across my mind was what is she carrying, it's so heavy. I asked her and looked inside and she literally had only her keys and a compact zippy wallet so I was a bit surprised!

I have a few Birkin 25's and 30's. In my opinion the 30 is the perfect Birkin. Not too big like a 35, but can hold a lot more than a 25. The weight of a 30 isn't a concern to me at all (compared to the 35). 25 is great if you already have a few Birkin's and want something fun but not as practical for day to day.

If you decide to go with the B30 I'd make sure you like the shade of etain. Sometimes etain comes out cooler (more grey, my preference) or warmer (more greige). I have etains in both gradients and they look completely different.

Thanks for your response and your input as always! From all the videos I've watched and I have seen a B30 in person before, I also didn't think it was too big! I think it may be easier to decide once I can see them side by side. I am just afraid if I get one over the other I might not make use out of it and the last thing I want is to have the bag just sitting on my shelf!

I recently got birkin 25 in black with gold hardware. I like it a lot better B 30. It is so much lighter, which is a plus for me and I can fit everything I need. I think I will only get birkin 25 from now on, it is perfect size for me.

I think B25 will fit everyone I usually carry because of the small bag trend I've downsized everything to fit into a Chanel mini and also learned that I don't need to haul my entire life with me haha I used to be a tote girl as my first ever designer bag was the LV NF back 10+ years ago, but now it's rarely used! My concern really is the top handle drop...

• Love
Reactions: Bereal and 880
This depends on your lifestyle and frame I think. I do not bring much when I go out and to be honest the mini kelly is enough for my things without my phone in it.. i have a b30 which i do not use often because my things are quite loose inside and it looks big on my frame. I am 5’3 and 52kg, quite petite. Right now, i know for sure that my perfect size is a 25.

Just out of curiosity what phone do you carry? I wonder if my iPhone MaxPro fits in the mini kelly! I actually don't carry much either as I've downsized a lot to fit in a Chanel mini since the new small bag trend came in so I'm sure the B25 will fit all my essentials, but the top handle drop...at least the mini K has a shoulder strap!

you need to imagine that they are both the same colour, with the same hardware - then which would you choose
size is probably the most important choice to be clear about
then having decided on the size imagine, you are just chosing between the colours
and finally the hardware

that should help you find out what is most important for you
AND if neither match up, be prepared to pass on both
thank your SA for the choice and explain it has helped you realise that what you want is . . .
getting the hardware combination you prefer might be more difficult, but the sizes and colours are desirable and available

Thanks so much for putting it in that perspective in trying to decide which is the better one! I actually love both combo as I see that noir GHW is classic and timeless and etain PHW is casual in which I can make both work so it's hard! Maybe once I see both in person it will help me decide for sure!

Are you able to try the bags on? I have both sizes and to be honest, they both have a place in my wardrobe and serve different purpose. It really would boil down to how much you carry, if you care how it suits your frame, will this be your one B (if not, get what serves you best now)? how do you like to carry your bag?

The 25 is great if you don't carry much and it transitions to evening better, the handle could be a issue if you don't like to hand carry or if it doesn't fit in the crook of your arm. The 30 is a great overall size, fits quite a bit more than 25, is slightly big for evening, but will work, crook of arm no problem. For weight, my 25 is noticeably lighter so that's a plus, the 30 is a tad heavy once I fill it.

As for trend, the mini bags are in as we all know, if your worried about that, stick with the 30, it's the perfect overall med sized bag.

I will go in and hopefully try them on! And weight wise I agree, the B30 seemed heavy when I carried my friend's and I was a tad surprise of the weight and she only had like 2 things inside! Thanks for pointing out out the 2 different size comparisons! I need to practice with one of my bags a day or something using the top handle to see how that works out maybe if I go with the B25!

B25 is amazing size if carrying small to regular amount of stuff and great in social/casual setting.
B30 More practical if carrying more stuffs (like for work) can fit a ton of things if necessary. This is the max size I carry.
B25 much lighter than B30 but both not really "heavy" to me and I do not like heavy bags.
I have both and love/use both.
Of the two offered u, I picked black B25 for sure. Classic and gorgeous.
U will love the size unless you have big frame.

Thanks for your input! It's so appreciated! I'm 5'5 so maybe I can decide once I see them both in person! I am really leaning towards the B25, just the top handle...

I would go for the B25. I have a noir/phw B25 and it is an excellent bag. I use B35s for work days and B25/K25 for everything else.

I agree that noir is a classic colour! I will see it in person and hope that helps!

Depends on so many factors. A B25 looked ridiculously small on my wife. Like she’s carrying an American Doll accessory. She is 5’10 though. She didn’t like the limited amount of things it holds so was a definitive “no” to our SA. B30 fits her better. Depending on your own build and carry habits, a B25 may be perfect for you. Don’t think you can go wrong with either of you can pull them off. The black/gold combo is a much more classic combo while etain/palladium is more casual.

Thank you for your input! It's so hard cause I've only been able to watch videos on the comparisons, so it will help when I can go in person to see the 2 on my frame. I'm 5'5 so I think both would work but will see. Colourwise you are totally right, I love both as I can see myself making either work!