First Mulberry Purchase Help!

Shoe-Gal

Jun 25, 2009
Hi All,

I have been craving a Mulberry bag for a while and during the sales I have purchased an Effie tote in oak which came yesterday - while it is nice, and I like the style i just feel it's a big big for me and I wasn't 'wowed' which i want to be for that sort of money.
I have always wanted an Alexa- but never actually tried one on so I am asking you ladies your advice -

1. Should I keep the Effie?
2. Should I return the Effie and order an Alexa instead? I have seen colours Bluebell and Pavement Grey in the sale - I like the look of Bluebell but wonder if the blue would be too bright? And would it age well? I have a Chloe Paddington in grey so surely I should but a different colour for my other 'big handbag' buy.
3. Should I but a Mulberry off ebay and save myself a few quid?
4. Should I just take my time, have a think and wait until the Christmas Sales? (although i'm not one for waiting usually)

I would really appreciate your help and advice :smile:, this is driving me mad and my lovely Husband is fed up of me asking him! Plus am feeling the pressure of the sales finishing soon.

Last edited:
I'd say go for the alexa, as you'll only end up getting it at a later date as that's what you've had your heart set on. I'd personally go for a classic colour such as Oak or black, but I played it safe when I started building my collection. Bluebell's lovely but you may get bored of it eventually and most importantly, would it work with your wardrobe? I only like pops of colour on small bags like the lily. Best of luck.

Last edited:
I don't know about what you should buy, but you should send the effie back if it's not wowing you.
Sorry don't have an alexa so can't comment on that. Be careful about eBay and get anything authenticated.
It's very easy to get in a flap at sale time. Only buy something you love. Not just because it's on sale. Don't worry, you're not alone, my husband gets fed up with me too.

Your first mulberry should be like your first love....unforgettable. If it doesn't wow you its not special enough. Send it back and throw the dice again!!

I vote you buy the bluebell alexa and if it doesn't wow you, send it back. I find the color and style to be absolutely lovely and if I had realized it was going to still be around for second cuts, I would have waited and gotten it.

That said, definitely send the effie back. If you don't love it, it's not worth it, no matter how amazing the deal.

Send it back but don't be tempted to buy a sale Alexa just because of the price....for me bluebell is too bright....i would save your pennies until something you love comes along ....labels most wanted have by far the best second hand prices of all the safe resellers so keep a look out there, NP is very good but prices are a bit steep though the bags are lovely condition...bags are like buses there is always loads coming along at once.....dont compromise it can be an expensive mistake

Thanks all, after thinking it over I have decided to send the Effie back.
I think i have just confused myself with all the sales! So will take some time and really think what I want before spending my hard earned monies :smile:
Thanks again x

I think that you have definitely done the right thing by sending the Effie back. The Effie is nice but does not have the wow factor of the Alexa. I have to agree that unless you are used to wearing bright colours the Bluebell can be a bit bold on a larger bag. Have a look around & find something you really love. :smile:

i think that you have definitely done the right thing by sending the effie back. The effie is nice but does not have the wow factor of the alexa. I have to agree that unless you are used to wearing bright colours the bluebell can be a bit bold on a larger bag. Have a look around & find something you really love. :smile:
+1