first MK

mandyfin

O.G.
Mar 24, 2006
Hi everyone. I was a Coach person until recent events turned me off their bags so I have been lurking here for a few weeks. :smile: I have a $500 gift card to order a bag online and would like some suggestions please. I need a bag that can be carried as a shoulder bag - can the Zuma fit over a shoulder? I was considering the Colette or Hamiltons. What is your favorite bag in that price point?

Thank you

You have to go with a style that you feel comfortable with. Go to a Michael Kors boutique or a department store that carrires MK bags and look around and see how they fit on your shoulder. Everyone has different tastes! I personally like big bags (not crazy big, but a good size) and crossbody bags. There are definitely a lot of options available around the $500 mark! Good luck! And be sure to post a picture of the one you finally pick!

Hi mandy, welcome! The Hamiltons are pretty popular here so you may want to check those out! I have the Layton satchel and Colette tote and love them! The quality is great and the bags are super functional, IMO.

I haven't seen the Zuma in real life, but I am intrigued by the purple Zuma...

Good luck!! How fun to have a $500 gift card!!!

Thank you, I am getting the large Hamilton, I just loved it. I adored the vanilla but I am worried about keeping it clean so I think I will get the black.

Last edited:
I actually have a vanilla colored bag and I have had NO issues with color transfer! I just love the vanilla color and it's really easy to keep clean! I would go for it if you love it!

Great choice going with the Hamilton. I just ordered the purple leather Hamilton I already own the black one and love this bag. Please post pics once you get her, would love to see her on you.

Congrats!

I have a question. My bag is being ordered online for me since im getting it as a gift from work, and when I went to the store here in montreal, there were three sizes. The large Hamilton was 395 in the store, but on the mk site, the large Hamilton is 298. Is that right? I want to make sure I am getting the right Hamilton. I want the large non quilted bag. Thanks.
And what is the difference between the satchel and tote? I'm so confused and want to be sure she orders me the right bag!

Last edited:
I have a question. My bag is being ordered online for me since im getting it as a gift from work, and when I went to the store here in montreal, there were three sizes. The large Hamilton was 395 in the store, but on the mk site, the large Hamilton is 298. Is that right? I want to make sure I am getting the right Hamilton. I want the large non quilted bag. Thanks.
And what is the difference between the satchel and tote? I'm so confused and want to be sure she orders me the right bag!

there are a few threads/topics about this (I'll see if I can find them for you), but MK bags are usually priced a little bit higher in Canada than they are here in the US -- the price on the MK website, is probably in US $$, but the $395 you saw, is the price in Canada --

One of our biggest MK fans/collectors (chrissy11) is from Canada, and I'm sure she can shed a little bit more light on the price differences

ETA: here's a thread where the prices for MK bags in Canada vs the US are discussed:
http://forum.purseblog.com/michael-kors/am-i-only-one-paying-full-price-mk-633039.html
I know it's been discussed within some other threads, just not sure where those are

Last edited: