First Marc Jacobs!

Jun 9, 2011
I'm excited; I got this little beauty from a high-end consignment shop in Boston, and waited outside like a madwoman for them to open on their one-day 70% summer clearance sale. Scored this for $120 and change, including tax. Had my eye on it forever and can't believe it was still around. Marc Jacobs, from his collection line. I adore it. It's in great condition - beautiful leather and lined with leather, too. It's just so darn cute!

If anyone can help me with ANY kind of info - style name, season, year, etc., I would appreciate it. I noticed a tiny tag on the inside lining that says "S06-1077," if that helps. I did research on the web but no luck. Thanks so much in advance for any help you might be able to give me and thanks for letting me share!

Attachments

• front of bag.jpg
    front of bag.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 804
  • back of bag.jpg
    back of bag.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 805
  • feet bottom of bag.jpg
    feet bottom of bag.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 804
  • aerial view of bag.jpg
    aerial view of bag.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 800
  • top view of bag2.jpg
    top view of bag2.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 805
  • inside of bag.jpg
    inside of bag.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 797
Thank you, Freewaves!!! :smile: I'm excited about it, too!!! :yahoo: Unbelievable price....almost $400 originally at the consignment shop, plus worth more at retail, I'm sure. I really adore the color of the leather and the contrast of the chocolate brown patent leather stripe-y details, plus the buckles on the side and the pocket in front are adorable! Thanks for sharing my excitement!

Really hate to rain on your parade, but you should really check the tags inside and the hardware on the bag to make sure it's real. The brand name on the bag looks very off to me. I have never seem this design either. (As a fan of MJ and MbMJ for over ten years now)

Can someone confirm this? I apologize in advance if I am way off on calling this a fake.

Oh, no! :sad: There are no tags inside, other than the little tab of cloth with the numbers on it that I mentioned. I've always had excellent luck with this consignment shop and they are very reputable. :sad:
Could you point me to a thread where I can check other parts of the bag?
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

There are a couple of threads up above -- name that Marc Jacobs and Authenticate -- that might be able to help you out here. I hate fakes. I have to agree though with MiuMiu that this looks off. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm from the North Shore, by the way, and there are loads of consignment shops up here (Marblehead, Beverly, Salem) and I've seen a few sketchy things here and there, so I imagine it's possible in Boston too.

Oh, no! :sad: There are no tags inside, other than the little tab of cloth with the numbers on it that I mentioned. I've always had excellent luck with this consignment shop and they are very reputable. :sad:
I suggest you contact the MJ Customer Service for help. IMO the answers to your questions would come from "the horses mouth" so to speak. The link to contact them is below, you can email or call. Good luck, it's a vey pretty bag!!! http://www.marcjacobs.com/contact

If you want the added peace of mind, you could post a photo of the season tag (that's the one that reads S06) and the interior nameplate, but so far it looks fine to me. I can't recall the style name off the top of my head, but it existed.

I suggest you contact the MJ Customer Service for help. IMO the answers to your questions would come from "the horses mouth" so to speak. The link to contact them is below, you can email or call. Good luck, it's a vey pretty bag!!! http://www.marcjacobs.com/contact
Just for future reference, Marc Jacobs does not authenticate bags, either in store or via email :smile:

I checked the rare/discontinued thread in the reference subforum and found this post. It looks alot like yours! The little round gold feet look like the same feet on my hudson which is fall 2006 and yours also has that cute little pushlock on the side! Congrats on a great find! :tup:

http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jac...e-discontinued-styles-39775-6.html#post917668

I'm excited; I got this little beauty from a high-end consignment shop in Boston, and waited outside like a madwoman for them to open on their one-day 70% summer clearance sale. Scored this for $120 and change, including tax. Had my eye on it forever and can't believe it was still around. Marc Jacobs, from his collection line. I adore it. It's in great condition - beautiful leather and lined with leather, too. It's just so darn cute!

If anyone can help me with ANY kind of info - style name, season, year, etc., I would appreciate it. I noticed a tiny tag on the inside lining that says "S06-1077," if that helps. I did research on the web but no luck. Thanks so much in advance for any help you might be able to give me and thanks for letting me share!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Wow...just hopped back on tpf and wanted to thank you all so much for your help/tips/advice - and that rare finds post made me very happy!
This morning, I emailed the manager of the consignment shop and explained that I was concerned about its authenticity/etc. She very kindly wrote back that she'd get in touch with the original seller. She said that this woman sells them authentic Chanels and other high-end bags, but that if this one did somehow slip by their eyes, the manager would stand by me. She wrote that she'd email again once she contacted her. :smile: I have a good relationship with this store and am hoping the bag is real, because I do think it's very pretty...but pretty bags turn ugly to me if they're fake, if you know what I mean!
I'd take a pic of the tag but my phone is a cement block, so I'm not sure how it'll come out. I'll try tomorrow. (I need to invest in a camera instead of another bag. lol.)
I will say as a first time poster on this thread that I'm touched by all of your thoughtful responses. :smile: I'll keep you posted!!

Hi there! Heard back from the manager of the consignment shop, who said she spoke to the consignor and she assured her the bag is 100% real. She bought it at the Marc Jacobs store on Newbury St at a benefit for the Boston Ballet.

Yey! :smile: :smile: Thank you all again!