First Major Bag Purchase

Sass

O.G.
Jun 23, 2007
I kind of searched for something similar but this is more a matter of personal preference ...

This is more an opinion poll. If you were to make your first major bag under $5000 what would it be and why?

Although I don't have a one specific brand I am more partial to, ideally my first purchase would be a more classic style and a more colour neutral style ie. something that will match a range of different outfits and occasions.

I have a few brands that I prefer but for the purpose if this I will not attempt to skewer people's opinions.

So please share your favourite bag and why it would be great for a first purchase! Also if possible could you include either a pic of the bag or you carrying it, that would be very helpful ...

TIA

Sass

My favourite bag ever is Bottega Veneta large veneta bag. I would say any Bottega Veneta bag would be a good choice as a first major bag purchase, as I think they are of amazing quality, their leather is smooshy and so soft (I love soft hobo style bags), they also have a range of beautiful colours to chose from and you dont see many of them around, so quite a rare style but very beautiful and they are very sophisticated but not overly structured.

This is a picture of my favourite style

http://www.bottegaveneta.com/shopon...d=ddca6f53-ff3c-4cdd-af6d-e1e59b29e759&page=3

Like bunny, I would also purchase a Bottega Veneta....maybe a Compagna. Most of my bags are in the $300 to $500 range, so this would be a major step for me, as I just can't justify in my heart why I personally would want to spend more than $2000 on a bag.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond and make helpful suggestions, bunny I really like the bag you suggested and the colour is lovely.

Anyone else have any ideas / input?

I would buy a Chanel Caviar flap in jumbo size because it's classic and timeliess. You can wear to dinner or everyday. I second option is Louis vuitton Galleria PM because I love the monogram leather it's very durable. Galleria is big bag and I can carry a lot of stuff in there.

Thanks everyone for your replies and ideas

Its so funny because minus the hermes' (clearly out of my budget for many many years) :P most of the bags you all suggested were ones on my list ...

Balenciaga City
LV Galleria
Chanel Giant Flap

I had to google the LV Mahina XS and Gucci Python (hysteria) and they are both also fantastic, i see how you gals get addicted lol!