First Major Bag Purchase

Sass

O.G.
Jun 23, 2007
London, UK
I kind of searched for something similar but this is more a matter of personal preference ...

This is more an opinion poll. If you were to make your first major bag under $5000 what would it be and why?

Although I don't have a one specific brand I am more partial to, ideally my first purchase would be a more classic style and a more colour neutral style ie. something that will match a range of different outfits and occasions.

I have a few brands that I prefer but for the purpose if this I will not attempt to skewer people's opinions.

So please share your favourite bag and why it would be great for a first purchase! Also if possible could you include either a pic of the bag or you carrying it, that would be very helpful ...

TIA

Sass

bunny

Handbags R Us
Feb 2, 2006
London
My favourite bag ever is Bottega Veneta large veneta bag. I would say any Bottega Veneta bag would be a good choice as a first major bag purchase, as I think they are of amazing quality, their leather is smooshy and so soft (I love soft hobo style bags), they also have a range of beautiful colours to chose from and you dont see many of them around, so quite a rare style but very beautiful and they are very sophisticated but not overly structured.

This is a picture of my favourite style

http://www.bottegaveneta.com/shopon...d=ddca6f53-ff3c-4cdd-af6d-e1e59b29e759&page=3

Jul 21, 2006
Southwest Florida
Like bunny, I would also purchase a Bottega Veneta....maybe a Compagna. Most of my bags are in the $300 to $500 range, so this would be a major step for me, as I just can't justify in my heart why I personally would want to spend more than $2000 on a bag.

Leeleerae

Jan 7, 2009
I would purchase a bag that is not frequently replicated and that will last forever! I would also get a darker color so that it doesn't stain.

Sass

O.G.
Jun 23, 2007
London, UK
Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond and make helpful suggestions, bunny I really like the bag you suggested and the colour is lovely.

Anyone else have any ideas / input?

Bay

O.G.
Feb 7, 2007
A black Chanel classic flap. Because it's a classic and will last forever.

Sep 30, 2007
Seattle, WA
I would buy a Chanel Caviar flap in jumbo size because it's classic and timeliess. You can wear to dinner or everyday. I second option is Louis vuitton Galleria PM because I love the monogram leather it's very durable. Galleria is big bag and I can carry a lot of stuff in there.

Elsie87

O.G.
Sep 5, 2007
Another vote for the Chanel Jumbo Caviar flap in black! I also like a black Balenciaga City with regular hardware; lightweight, edgy and practical!

Sass

O.G.
Jun 23, 2007
London, UK
Thanks everyone for your replies and ideas

Its so funny because minus the hermes' (clearly out of my budget for many many years) :P most of the bags you all suggested were ones on my list ...

Balenciaga City
LV Galleria
Chanel Giant Flap

I had to google the LV Mahina XS and Gucci Python (hysteria) and they are both also fantastic, i see how you gals get addicted lol!