First LV

hutch0827

Jan 31, 2017
I am planning on purchasing my first LV at the end of March. I have been doing months of research on what exactly I want. I cant decide between the speedy B25 in DE or neverful MM in mono. I know I cant go wrong with either. But I want to get others opinions. (I use a compact wallet so I don't think the mouth opening on the 25 will be an issue) TIA

Reactions: dotty8

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
I am planning on purchasing my first LV at the end of March. I have been doing months of research on what exactly I want. I cant decide between the speedy B25 in DE or neverful MM in mono. I know I cant go wrong with either. But I want to get others opinions. (I use a compact wallet so I don't think the mouth opening on the 25 will be an issue) TIA
Do you have any specific questions or concerns?

LVteacher

Apr 11, 2016
Midwest U.S.A.
I vote for the Speedy B....multi-functional and I see way more Neverfulls than Speedy B's. I LOOOOVEEEEE my Speedy B and will never get rid of it. The option of hand carrying, shoulder carrying or wearing it cross body are great options. And for it being "small," it holds a ton! :biggrin:

carrie_monroe

Apr 16, 2015
Poland
I had a similar dilemma with my first LV bag - I couldn't decide between Speedy B 25 and Neverfull MM (although I wanted both in DE). I ended up getting Neverfull MM and then a few months later I came back for the Speedy B 25. I think both are great and work amazing for different occasions - for instance Neverfull MM is my work bag and Speedy B 25 is usually my shopping/going out with friends/sightseeing bag. I've never been bothered with small opening of the Speedy, I think it's something you can get used to. The DE strap is a bit stiff at first, but it softens up with use. Neverfull is a great tote - you can change the shape of it and you can use the added pouch as a clutch (I personally use it mostly as an iPad mini holder). You really can't go wrong with either and you can always get the second one later. Good luck with your decision!

LV_4ever

Feb 4, 2013
Virginia
Both are great choices, you can't go wrong. I have both a speedy 30 mono and NF MM DE. So your opposite canvas choices [emoji6] I actually have 2 NF because I love them so much. Both bags are great, but the speedy is so iconic- I would vote for that as your first LV.

Reactions: hutch0827

cafecreme15

Jan 5, 2015
I have both the Speedy 25 (not a B) and the Neverfull MM. I think the Speedy is deceptively small; it really does hold a lot for its size. I mostly use my NF for travel or when I need a workhorse tote. But I think a Speedy B is the more versatile pick because it can be carried so many different ways and used in a lot more situations. And as someone else pointed out, there are a LOT more mono NF's out there than DE Speedy B's. All in all, I vote for Speedy B!

Dawn

seriously?
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
United States
I vote for the Speedy B 25 since it is worry free and has different carrying options. I love my Speedy B 35 so much and really want a 25 too ;)

Miss Krys

Jun 14, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
I vote for the NF, but the best way for you to find out what will be the best fit for your lifestyle would be to go the store and try them on. If you don't live close to one then consider the types of bags you tend to wear most often; are they shoulder bags or totes, large or small, etc. Also consider how much you tend to carry, do you frequently travel, etc.

lovesallbags

Jul 5, 2012
I have those two in those combinations, I regret not buying them the other way around, in the uk we have a lot of rain and I use the neverfull more, so I wish I had bought it in Damier ebene.