First LV - Which To Choose

Mink Pink

Mar 27, 2006
Hi, I am relatively new to the forum but am really enjoying everybody's comments and discussions. As of yet I do not have an LV and have been more of a Chloe and Marc Jacobs girl. However, I've decided I really would like one and would appreciate your thoughts and help on which to go with. I am looking at something that is practical and can be used everyday and have so far narrowed it downt to Cabas Piano, Botignolles Vertical and Botignolles Horizontal. What do you think? Of course, if you have any other suggestions please let me know.

I would definitely go for one of the batignolles variety, mostly because it doesn't have the vachetta bottom to worry about. I personally prefer the vertical, but the horizontal may be a little more accessable since there's more space for things to sit at the bottom of the bag (rather than on top of each other in the vertical!). You can't go wrong with either one though. ;)

ayla said:
I would definitely go for one of the batignolles variety, mostly because it doesn't have the vachetta bottom to worry about. I personally prefer the vertical, but the horizontal may be a little more accessable since there's more space for things to sit at the bottom of the bag (rather than on top of each other in the vertical!). You can't go wrong with either one though. ;)

Great advice! I agree with Ayla!

Thanks everyone. So I've decided its's definitely going to be a Botignolles (even though I do still love the Piano) but I'm a little stuck on which one. I agree with the point about the horizontal being a little more accessible but which looks best?? I'm confused.

i think if you don't want to worry about the vachetta on the bottom then go with the botignolles horizontal. but my fav is the cabas piano.. the perfect size (not too small not too big..hehe it's the bag version of goldie locks..lol)

~Marie~ said:
i think if you don't want to worry about the vachetta on the bottom then go with the botignolles horizontal. but my fav is the cabas piano.. the perfect size (not too small not too big..hehe it's the bag version of goldie locks..lol)
Since cabas piano is your favorite, then get it. :idea: Nothing beats owning the ones that you love the most.:idea:

I like the look of the vertical over the horizontal but the horizontal gives you more room. I like the Cabas better that the Batignolles though. If you like the Cabas better, get that.