First LV Speedy--decisions decisions decisions!!

serali

Oct 27, 2013
Hi lovelies! I am a soon-to-be grad and have just signed my first job offer letter for next summer--so naturally my next logical thought is to splurge on a present for myself. I have wanted to own the LV Speedy for years, but have held off because 1) I wanted to purchase it to celebrate a momentous occasion and 2) I wanted to purchase it with my own money.

I think I want the Speedy 25 in the Damier Ebene, but have also considered the following options:

-Speedy 25 in Monogram (it's the most iconic print!)
-Speedy 25 in Damier Azur (it is so gorgeous, but I am concerned about the patina of the handles and think that the dark handles with the white/grey is not a great look)

Another thing I have been thinking about is that I eventually want the Neverfull MM for practical use, and I haven't yet decided what print to purchase that one in either, so any thoughts on this or personal experiences/preferences that you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated!

Soo given that I am 5'4, ~108lbs, will be working in a Southern US city (decent climate, some rain), do you think the 25 in DE is the best choice for me, or should I take the other choices into more serious consideration?

Thank you!

I think a 25 Berne is an excellent choice for first bag
It's chic, low maintenance and not too flashy
I think it's the best value for money you can have
If that's even a relevant prase for designer bags :smile:

I use the 25 and the size is fine. Thy are much more spacious than you think (think of Dr Who's tardis!). Also, damier ebene looks better for longer as you don't get dirty handles.

My first LV baby is the Mono Speedy 25, and its so pretty! I am 5'5 and the speedy 30 in Ebene and Azur look good on me, too! If you want to be trendy, better start with the Ebene 25/30. :smile:

*My LV Collection*
- Speedy 25 Mono
- Speedy 30 in DE Canvass
- Speedy 30 in DA Canvass- (just got it today! Yay! 11.4.2013 here in the Philippines)
- Porte Monnaie Billets Tresor Wallet in DE Canvass
- Bifold wallet in Blue Epi leather

I use the 25 and the size is fine. Thy are much more spacious than you think (think of Dr Who's tardis!). Also, damier ebene looks better for longer as you don't get dirty handles.

Agree - I have a DE Speedy 25 and my husband calls it a 'Mary Poppins bag'. Anything bigger looks like luggage on me (I'm only 5'0" but heavy). I suggest you take the largest thing you intend to carry (wallet?) and hold it up to the front if the SA doesn't want you to put anything in, to be sure it will fit. I worried all the way home that my Kindle wouldn't fit because I didn't think to do this in the store (it does fit).

Hi lovelies! I am a soon-to-be grad and have just signed my first job offer letter for next summer--so naturally my next logical thought is to splurge on a present for myself. I have wanted to own the LV Speedy for years, but have held off because 1) I wanted to purchase it to celebrate a momentous occasion and 2) I wanted to purchase it with my own money.

I think I want the Speedy 25 in the Damier Ebene, but have also considered the following options:

-Speedy 25 in Monogram (it's the most iconic print!)
-Speedy 25 in Damier Azur (it is so gorgeous, but I am concerned about the patina of the handles and think that the dark handles with the white/grey is not a great look)

Another thing I have been thinking about is that I eventually want the Neverfull MM for practical use, and I haven't yet decided what print to purchase that one in either, so any thoughts on this or personal experiences/preferences that you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated!

Soo given that I am 5'4, ~108lbs, will be working in a Southern US city (decent climate, some rain), do you think the 25 in DE is the best choice for me, or should I take the other choices into more serious consideration?

Thank you!

I'd get the 25 in Ebene. It fits a lot more than you think and it's so cute! I have the 25 in Ebene and Azur. And since you plan on getting a Neverfull MM later, you'll have a bigger bag when you need and the 25 would be a good size for day/evening.

OOoeeewww tough one!
My first LV was a speedy 30 in DA. Still love that print. So cute....but I don't use it that much in winter. ( might not be an issue where you are from). The patina doesn't bother me. My handles still look great, not dark yet ( have been using it for 5 years now)

Later a got a speedy 25 in the mono. Such an iconic bag! And it fits more than you think!

Hope this helps! have fun deciding!!