First LV purchase..Delightful, Totally or Speedy B?

thelilestkat said:
Love the Delightful GM!!! Thinking that's going to be my next purchase soon! Because of the size and depth of the GM do you feel like its hard to reach into the bag and find your items? I am only 5ft but I love the zippers on the GM ... adds just a little something!

No I don't feel it's hard to reach into the bag and find my items bc of the large opening! I also love the zippers and I put my keys n cell phone in those pockets. I find things easier in the delightful versus my speedy.

NewCoachQueen said:
Ditto. It's my fav, most comfortable bag. I hate my speedy. As a plus girl, my speedy stops mid-arm. It always feels heavy regardless of what I have in it. It was my first, and sits in the closet keeping the other girls company. I hope to one day get the nerve to release her from my possession, but I have not yet. When I do, I already have a new home picked out :smile:

My Delightful is my fav bag--love the strap, the smooshy feel, the roominess--you name it, I love it.

What size speedy do you have? I have 35 and love it. I really don't find my heavy only when I'm shopping and have other things in my arm.

Hey Everyone,

Just want to say thanks once more for the comments..Really appreciate it.

kRISTAR - I can totally sympathize with you! Im in the process of purchasing my first LV bag and have never been more confused in my life.

I originally wanted a Speedy 30 or 35. I am a over the shoulder type person but love the look of the Speedy. While in Chicago I went to the LV store on Michigan Avenue. While discussing my options and budget I was shown the Speedy B 30 and 35. Now that my budget was a bit more than what I was expecting and not sure on my love for the speedy I was shown the Sully MM. At the time I loved it. Since I am from WI, I had the purse shipped to my house to avoid sales tax. When I received the purse 2 days later, I actually did not like it. I felt it was way too big for my everyday use. Plus the shoulder strap was uncomfortable and the zippers were really tough. I ended up returning the purse to a LV store in northern IL. BUT before I returned the purse, I spent countless hours on the LV website trying to figure what else I wanted. Considering my originally budget was $850 and I spent $1380 on the Sully, my options were a bit more open. I decided on the Galleria PM or the Tivoli GM. I ended up purchasing the Galleria PM and feel that I made the wrong choice again! Perhaps I really do want the Speedy and dont really know it. Now I am thinking that I might return the Galleria (still in the shipping box) and get the Speedy 30 and a Neverfall MM. Still the same amount of money as the Galleria PM and I get 2 purses!

Why am I going in circles with this decision. I would love to know what you decide.

kRISTAR - I can totally sympathize with you! Im in the process of purchasing my first LV bag and have never been more confused in my life.

I originally wanted a Speedy 30 or 35. I am a over the shoulder type person but love the look of the Speedy. While in Chicago I went to the LV store on Michigan Avenue. While discussing my options and budget I was shown the Speedy B 30 and 35. Now that my budget was a bit more than what I was expecting and not sure on my love for the speedy I was shown the Sully MM. At the time I loved it. Since I am from WI, I had the purse shipped to my house to avoid sales tax. When I received the purse 2 days later, I actually did not like it. I felt it was way too big for my everyday use. Plus the shoulder strap was uncomfortable and the zippers were really tough. I ended up returning the purse to a LV store in northern IL. BUT before I returned the purse, I spent countless hours on the LV website trying to figure what else I wanted. Considering my originally budget was $850 and I spent $1380 on the Sully, my options were a bit more open. I decided on the Galleria PM or the Tivoli GM. I ended up purchasing the Galleria PM and feel that I made the wrong choice again! Perhaps I really do want the Speedy and dont really know it. Now I am thinking that I might return the Galleria (still in the shipping box) and get the Speedy 30 and a Neverfall MM. Still the same amount of money as the Galleria PM and I get 2 purses!

Why am I going in circles with this decision. I would love to know what you decide.
Hey Red,

You sound just like me.. My budget was 850.00 as well and then when I didn't like those I had to up my budget and DH is horrified that it's going to keep going up and up. We've finally agreed to around 1200.00 perferably taxes in.
I think for me, the fact that I'm spending so much money and feeling a little guilty about it is the reason why I cannot find the perfect bag. I'm a mom so I think in generaly moms have a hard time spending money on themselves or even having me time in general. I keep thinking about all the things I could buy for my daughter with 1000.00. Anyhow, I will make a choice at some point. I just hope it's the right one. Good luck as well.

Hey Red,

You sound just like me.. My budget was 850.00 as well and then when I didn't like those I had to up my budget and DH is horrified that it's going to keep going up and up. We've finally agreed to around 1200.00 perferably taxes in.
I think for me, the fact that I'm spending so much money and feeling a little guilty about it is the reason why I cannot find the perfect bag. I'm a mom so I think in generaly moms have a hard time spending money on themselves or even having me time in general. I keep thinking about all the things I could buy for my daughter with 1000.00. Anyhow, I will make a choice at some point. I just hope it's the right one. Good luck as well.

OMG, You took the words out of my mouth. I am having serious remorse for spending this kind of money. I feel I need to do it just right or I will regret it.

I also have kids and feel I could better suit the money. Perhaps on them But I always do stuff for my family and hardly do anything nice for me. I just turned 40 so it is an additional advantage for me to purchase a LV.

I would be curious what you end up choosing.

Thanks for the input. At least I am not the only one feeling guilty.

Delightful. If you are a shoulder bag type, then the delightful will suit you perfectly. The speedy B has the strap but in my eyes the speedy is more of a hand-carry with the option to shoulder carry and not a full time shoulder bag :smile:

Having only "just" fallen through the rabbit hole myself and only have 2 SLGs - my opinion may not count. I will agree that the speedy b is the most versatile of those and is iconic. I like the Delightful GM because of the zippers. But since I'm as yet, sans a bag - I think you should try them on because it is a major purchase and you should pick the one that makes your heart sing! I want the Retiro GM as my first - but I too want to go to the store to try them on.