First lv bag, speedy b 25/30 or neverfull mm?

Madde

Apr 18, 2015
i want to buy a purse, speedy b 25/30 or a neverfull. I don't have an LV store near me so its difficult to try them. This is going to be my first LV bag so could you please give me pros and cons about both of them? :smile:

hi, my first one was speedy 30 b in mono, i don't regret purchasing it, but i don't really use strap very often , only when the bag gets really heavy.
My second one was regular speedy 30, no strap.Some people say that DE strap hurts their shoulder, I can't say anything about it.I do use my speedy in DE more often.
The good thing about speedy is that it has a zip, when NF doent.
Keep in mind that you can't put A4 files in speedy at all, only if you roll them. Speedy 30 if a great size, mine can fit: wallet, cosmetic pouch, keys, mini iPad, bottle of water, iPhone, umbrella and shawl or sweater and other small things that i might need like some medicine and pens, docs and etc.
It does get heavy if to put all of it at once, if you don't put as much as i do then you might want to buy speedy 25, because 30 can sag a lot if you only put daily essentials.
I don't have NF, but people say straps are not comfortable, they dig into your shoulder if carry too much.
GLD!

My first was a Speedy B 30 in DE and I love it to this day. The zipper makes it friendly for shopping and travel.

But if you need to carry bigger things, then the NF is probably a better bet.

I'd chose Speedy vs Neverful for your first LV bag. It's a handbag vs a tote. I love Speedy in all prints, but my absolute favorite is DE! I think it complements anything and everything and because no vachetta, it's essentially worry- free. I also think it's a bag that can be worn year round. Whether you choose classic Speedy or Speedy B is a personal preference. In the Speedy B both the 25 and the 30 are good sizes for a daily bag, and the strap, while making the bag more sporty in looks, adds versatility. If you decide on the Classic Speedy, I think the 30 is the perfect size. The 25 in this model has a very narrow opening, making it difficult to access your contents. Good luck choosing an enjoy the process!

I have both and prefer the speedy b because I need a hands free bag. The speedy b has a wider opening so I haven't had an issue getting anything in or out. The neverfull is a great tote but it gets in the way sometimes when I'm out with dd. It really depends on how you carry your bag and what you carry because they're both great bags.

I have a speedy b 25 (and speedy b 35) and a mon mono neverfull mm and an azur neverfull mm. I definitely use my neverfulls more than my speedy b 25. I have a zip top organizer for when I need security, but I just find it so much more convenient. It really depends what you are planning to carry, also :smile:

I'd say Speedy B.
I am not a huge fan of my Neverfull because I am always adjusting the straps on my shoulder or holding them in place on my shoulder while walking. I love zippered bags a lot more too.

i'd chose speedy vs neverful for your first lv bag. It's a handbag vs a tote. I love speedy in all prints, but my absolute favorite is de! I think it complements anything and everything and because no vachetta, it's essentially worry- free. I also think it's a bag that can be worn year round. Whether you choose classic speedy or speedy b is a personal preference. In the speedy b both the 25 and the 30 are good sizes for a daily bag, and the strap, while making the bag more sporty in looks, adds versatility. If you decide on the classic speedy, i think the 30 is the perfect size. The 25 in this model has a very narrow opening, making it difficult to access your contents. Good luck choosing an enjoy the process!
+1

Reactions: LaDolceLaria
My first bag was a Speedy 30 in DE. I chose Ebene because I didn't want to worry about the vachetta. I got a Neverfull MM in MC after and I find myself using the Neverfull more often than the Speedy because I can stuff a lot of things and if I carry a book it won't get folded in the Neverfull compared to the Speedy. I also have a purse organizer in my Neverfull so I can zip it up if needed. But now after a few years of using the Neverfull, I think I will start using the Speedy again and I got a 25 this time because I find myself digging through my Speedy 30. I wanted a small bag to hold just what I really need.

I would think about the 'collection' you wish to have, they might not happen right away, but it's nice to envision what you would like in your bag collection.

Both are wonderful bags and highly versatile, but for a start I would go with the Speedy first. If you are only getting one speedy then I would take the 30 b. I feel that is the best size for everyday use. It is not too big and you will appreciate the extra room on the days that you need it. The zipper and shoulder strap come in handy as well. It's just a classic timeless piece. As for mono vs DE that is a personal choice though its pros and cons have also been widely discussed on the forums =)

Good luck as you decide!!

The Speedy 30 and Neverfull MM were my original first two bags I ever wanted, and like you, wasn't sure what to choose first. I knew I'd end up with both eventually :smile: I am purchasing the Speedy 30 in a few weeks, but for now I thought I would give you some insight on the Neverfull, which was my first LV purchase.

Neverfull Pros:

-Big and can fit everything you need for daily work, school, travel. I love this bag for work and for travel it fits my ipad, magazines, headphones, everything.

-Straps on the Neverfull being a tote is really convenient, it's a great everyday bag and for shopping, running errands, etc.

-Classic Tote that will never go out of style!

-Style looks cute with every outfit and can be worn in all seasons in my opinion. I have the Mono MM and I think it looks great in summer as well as winter.

Neverfull Cons:

-Bag doesn't close - but honestly this doesn't even bother me so I shouldn't consider it a con. I have a purse organizer inside and rarely does my stuff get thrown around or fall out, so I really wouldn't worry about it.

-The trim around the top/outside of the bag does seem to wrinkle/crease with use. I have the Mono, so I do notice the vachetta wears a little with rubbing into things but it doesn't look bad, but it is the most noticeable worn part of the bag. My canvas exterior, interior and straps have all held up perfectly with no signs of wear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aryel
I currently have both a Neverfull GM and a Speedy 35 mon monogram. The NF is the first and only bag I've ever bought new.
Both are great, timeless bags. A lot of what you need to think about is what you're carrying, whether you prefer bigger bags, etc. If so, the 25 is going to be waaayyy to small. And even the 30 isn't very big either. But the speedy is a great bag with any outfit, and having the longer strap on the B makes things a lot easier. The only thing I don't like about using the long strap is that when you do, the bag sort of becomes like a slouch that sits on your hip. I like the shape of it more when I'm carrying it on my arm by the smaller handles.
And like someone said above about the Neverfull, the vachetta at the top does tend to get a bit worn. Mine still looks semi new, but I have carried it very few times and can see some wear starting to form-- mostly in that top area around the rim.
I don't really think you can go wrong with either bag! :loveeyes:

I'd chose Speedy vs Neverful for your first LV bag. It's a handbag vs a tote. I love Speedy in all prints, but my absolute favorite is DE! I think it complements anything and everything and because no vachetta, it's essentially worry- free. I also think it's a bag that can be worn year round. Whether you choose classic Speedy or Speedy B is a personal preference. In the Speedy B both the 25 and the 30 are good sizes for a daily bag, and the strap, while making the bag more sporty in looks, adds versatility. If you decide on the Classic Speedy, I think the 30 is the perfect size. The 25 in this model has a very narrow opening, making it difficult to access your contents. Good luck choosing an enjoy the process!

As you have Speedy B 30 in DE, I would like advice on its crossbody strap? Does its crossbody strapdig into ones shoulder if carrying Sarah wallet, iPhone 7 plus, DE cosmetic pouch PM (1 lipsticks, 1pen, dry facial tissues, wet wipes & miscellaneous items), 6ring key holder, DE cles (coins), mini pochette (medicines) and my reading glasses?
Thank you!

Wait, so the 25b doesn't have that narrow opening issue that the regular 25 has?