First LV bag purchase!

ivette29

May 25, 2020
Chicago
I am looking to purchase my first Louis Vuitton bag. So far I have two SLGs. I have looked at the "what's in my LV bag" thread and looked at many youtube videos of "Whats in my LV bag". I am having trouble deciding on which starter bag to get. I love Crossbodys , and sometimes I tend to reach for a tote or top handle. Ladies and Gentlemen , which bag would you recommend to start my LV collection? TIA :smile:

vodense

Feb 8, 2014
Copenhagen
Depends on how much you need to carry with you and what price point you are looking at. But I'd say classics:
Top handle + crossbody: Alma BB
Totebag: Neverful MM
Top handle + crossbody + tote-ish: Speedy bandouliere 25

But honestly it depends mostly on your personal preferences and perhaps you should try at look around on the website and narrow it down to a couple of bags you like ;). For example I chose the Croisette over the Alma, but I recommend Alma for others because it's a classic.

Good luck! :heart:

cielopark

Hakuna Matata
May 25, 2018
Do you like zippered bags, flaps or open? Speedy b25 in DE, Siena pm, Cluny BB, Alma BB, Montaigne BB. They are all crossbody bags with detachable strap and top handle. Goodluck! So many choices. For me, i prefer zippered bags. But my Clapton Pm is an exemption as it was a birthday gift.

Reactions: ivette29

KimTX

Mar 19, 2013
My first bag was either a speedy, or a Neverfull MM. Can't remember now. From what you described you like, I suggest a speedy B 30.

Reactions: ivette29

Wondermuffin

Jan 29, 2018
My first “few” LV Bags
- Alma PM (hated it, too structured and awkward cross bodied)
- Speedy B 25 (love)
-Neverfull (love)
- Speedy 25 Classic (good but not great)
- Montsouris Backpack MM and GM size (mixed feelings)
What bag to get depends if you are a tote, top handle or backpack person.

bingster

May 7, 2019
Hey there! Last year when I was in Paris I got the Speedy B 30 in monogram. I had tried it and the 25 at my local store months before going on my trip and with my body frame and the fact that I already owned the AW Mini Rocky it didn't make sense for me to get another bag the same small size. You've already seen the "What's in My Bag" posts/videos but I really love that I can fit my Nintendo Switch in its slim travel case in the bag along with a a bunch of other things and have that added feeling of security when it's zipped up. Because I was afraid of the included strap digging in to my shoulder, I also picked up bandouliere strap J02441 at the same time (one thing I learned is that it can't be heat stamped which was a slight bummer). Swapping straps isn't possible with a bag like the Neverfull and the extra width makes carrying the Speedy is so comfortable.

HollyHoHighly

Feb 14, 2020
My first LV bag was a Speedy 30.
2nd Neverfull GM.
3rd Alma MM
4th Neo Noe
5th Keepall 55
6th Pochette Metis in Reverse Monogram (currently waiting to receive in the mail).

I also have the passport cover, the Zippy wallet, the Sarah wallet and the Victorine wallet.

The last items I want from LV is the Key Pouch which is never in stock (how do I go about getting this item??), the Alma BB, and the Horizon 55 luggage.

I am thinking about getting the GG Marmont matelassé shoulder bag...anyone have this bag?