First LV bag for a guy? Help me out!

johnie123

Jan 4, 2013
Hello! I need some help with purchasing my first LV bag.

Some info about me:
I'm 18 years old, I go to high school (last year). I've been using messenger bags in the last 4 years (either on my shoulder or cross-body).
I saved up some money to buy a LV bag and some other pieces. (I already bought a wallet and a belt.)

Which bags would you recommend for guys? (can be messenger bag, shoulder bag, handbag, anything)

I kinda like the Keepall 45, but would that be good for everyday use? Or is it for traveling?
And I also like the Speedy 30 or 35 with straps, but wouldn't that look weird on a guy? (since it's a women's bag)

i like the Daniel's, Icare and Mick's in the men's line. i dont think its weird for a guy to wear the speedy B since its so universal...the 35 would probably be perfect as the keepall might be too big.

Speedy b would be nice but I'm super fond of the mick. I prefer fabric straps to leather for true messenger bags. I love this pic of Heidi klum's boyfriend with his mick

Attachments

• image-972850477.jpg
    image-972850477.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 539
I use my Keepall 45s as everyday bags occasionally, if I have enough to carry around to justify it! I think with a 45 you can get away with carrying it as a regular bag as opposed to a travel bag, particularly as a guy. I wouldn't go any larger than the 45 for an everyday. I think the Speedy B 35 would look good too!

My favourite bags from the men's line are the Beaubourg tote and the Brooklyn messenger bags, both in Ebene. I also really like the Graphite Mick messengers like the one clu13 posted above me! Good luck deciding and be sure to do a reveal!

I'm a boy to, 19 years old and I carry Speedy's as my everyday bags. I personally don't like the men's collection from Louis Vuitton since it doesn't suit my style and I find them a bit boring.
I prefer my Monogram 40 for school and my Damier Ebene 35 as an everyday bag. I personally think Speedy's are very unisex. The Speedy looks a lot like a doctors bag and because of that it's a great purse for men and women.

I would suggest the Speedy 40 in Monogram! =)

I'm about to get my first men's bag and I think I'm going with the Beaubourg in Damier Ebene. The SA I talked to at the last boutique I was at said the handles tend to fray. In the Beaubourg clubhouse, however, people have said this is not the case.

I think 35 is great for your needs. I have a mono 35 an it's a bit too big for my everyday purse. For school it would be perfect...then again I wouldn't want to use a speedy for school :-/

+1 for mick!

I'm about to get my first men's bag and I think I'm going with the Beaubourg in Damier Ebene. The SA I talked to at the last boutique I was at said the handles tend to fray. In the Beaubourg clubhouse, however, people have said this is not the case.

Go for it! It's probably my most used LV bag and I've had it for over a year and a half. Still looks as good as the day I bought it!

I bought the Speedy 35 Damier and it's a very nice size. It fits a lot. I think the Damier is unisex in my own opinion.

Just curious are you tall?

It's nice to see guys on this forum. My son is 21 and loves fashion. He just came back from 4 months in Hong Kong and when I visited him I went crazy in the LV store in Hong Kong.

So many guys shopping there and they seemed to buy the men's collection or Damier.

It definitely depends on what's "your style," but I personally really really love my Mick GM. It's a great size for daily use, isn't your "typical" style messenger (flap opening, very rectangular shape, etc) and highly recommend it. A keepall 45 would be pretty big and awkward IMO for carrying items that would be required for school (round bag for mostly letter-sized documents, books, laptop, etc) but it's completely up to you.

Love your LV collection.

Do you use the Keepall 45 a lot?

Thank you! Yes, I love the Keepall 45. I actually bought one in Ebene since making my collection thread. I'll have to do an update! :biggrin: I mostly use my 45s for overnighters at friends' or if I'm travelling, but I do on occasion use them as my everyday bags. I'm tempted to get a Speedy B 35 too for those days when I don't have just as much to carry but I still want to use that style of bag. I'm just not sure if maybe it'd be a little too small for my liking. If the 40 came in Ebene I'd be all over it!