First LV Bag - Croisette, Pochette Metis, or other?

First LV bag?

• Croisette

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Pochette Metis

Votes: 62 64.6%
  • Vavin

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Felicie Pochette

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters

pandas_kat

Dec 9, 2019
I don't own any LV bags, but I'm considering a few LV options for my next luxury bag splurge. My overall style is casual. I tend to prefer simpler bags that are small, comfortable to wear, and practical. I use a lot of black bags (kind of boring, I know).

With that in mind, my top two choices I'm considering at this time are the Croisette (I like both the damier ebene and azur, but may lean towards the ebene) and Pochette Metis (empreinte in black). This would be a bag for everyday use.

I'm also considering, instead of the above options, getting something to use as more of an evening bag/clutch. Those options would be the Vavin BB, or the Felicie pochette (worried this is too small and won't hold much). However, with my lifestyle, I wouldn't get much use out of these options, since I don't have many evening type of events that I attend, and I prefer more casual style bags for daily use.

I'm hoping to choose something that is somewhat classic so that it will be good for long-term use (not too trendy). I'd appreciate any helpful feedback or thoughts anyone has to share.

Check the newly release Odeon. i think it will be a great everyday bag. Love the front pocket, removable strap and adjustable plus it has a black leather. GL

i've owned the metis, croisette & felicie before.

metis is popular with many but the number of internal compartments makes it quite limiting for me (personal opinion).

croisette is pretty but the clasp closure is very fussy and i stopped carrying it. instead, i bought the bond street bb. if you compare the size externally, they're almost the same. but the bond street has a magnetic opening which is better, and definitely makes me reach out for it more than the croisette. the sides of bond st bb can be opened, so reaching for things are so much easier compared to the slim opening of the croisette. i would recommend the latter anytime.

felicie is a wallet on chain style. it is incredibly small so unless you only carry a pack of tissue, a phone and stash your cash and cards in - this isn't a very user friendly item. i would ask you to consider the favorite in pm or mm size instead. i sold my felicie for favorite mm. heck, most mini bags could fit more eg. nano speedy, nano noe, mini sac plat etc. there are better options out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: saabisfab
I own the Croisette and previously the PM. I think the true top handle on the Croisette makes it more ladylike and formal in appearance. The canvas also makes it lighter, I found the PM heavy when filled and the Croisette very light. The main difference is capacity, the Croisette is very small inside and can't be stretched to fit things and the PM is spacious. If you're leaning towards an evening bag anyway the Croisette can do both imo - small enough to be daily casual and also evening formal.

i've owned the metis, croisette & felicie before.

metis is popular with many but the number of internal compartments makes it quite limiting for me (personal opinion).

croisette is pretty but the clasp closure is very fussy and i stopped carrying it. instead, i bought the bond street bb. if you compare the size externally, they're almost the same. but the bond street has a magnetic opening which is better, and definitely makes me reach out for it more than the croisette. the sides of bond st bb can be opened, so reaching for things are so much easier compared to the slim opening of the croisette. i would recommend the latter anytime.

felicie is a wallet on chain style. it is incredibly small so unless you only carry a pack of tissue, a phone and stash your cash and cards in - this isn't a very user friendly item. i would ask you to consider the favorite in pm or mm size instead.
i sold my felicie for favorite mm. heck, most mini bags could fit more eg. nano speedy, nano noe, mini sac plat etc. there are better options out there.

Thanks for the helpful info! For the pochette metis, what about the number of compartments made it limiting...too few compartments?

And I was a little worried about the closure for both the croisette and the pochette metis (that they both seem a little fussy), I'd definitely have to try them both out in the store first to see how I like it.

And I love the look of the felicie, but I am worried that the size is very limiting. I do like the look of the favorite, so I would definitely be considering getting that one, but it seems like it's been discontinued this year?

I own the Croisette and previously the PM. I think the true top handle on the Croisette makes it more ladylike and formal in appearance. The canvas also makes it lighter, I found the PM heavy when filled and the Croisette very light. The main difference is capacity, the Croisette is very small inside and can't be stretched to fit things and the PM is spacious. If you're leaning towards an evening bag anyway the Croisette can do both imo - small enough to be daily casual and also evening formal.
Thanks! I do feel like the shape of the Croisette is a little more...dainty maybe?...than the pochette metis, which is definitely why it appeals to me. Glad to hear it is light, as it's very important to me that the bag is comfortable, and not clunky. Do you have the ebene or the azur version?

Thanks! I do feel like the shape of the Croisette is a little more...dainty maybe?...than the pochette metis, which is definitely why it appeals to me. Glad to hear it is light, as it's very important to me that the bag is comfortable, and not clunky. Do you have the ebene or the azur version?
Ebene. I preferred the Azur but for practical reasons selected Ebene and it has been great. It looks really amazing against the gold hardware.

Thanks for the helpful info! For the pochette metis, what about the number of compartments made it limiting...too few compartments?

And I was a little worried about the closure for both the croisette and the pochette metis (that they both seem a little fussy), I'd definitely have to try them both out in the store first to see how I like it.

And I love the look of the felicie, but I am worried that the size is very limiting. I do like the look of the favorite, so I would definitely be considering getting that one, but it seems like it's been discontinued this year?

The PM has 2 internal dividers, giving 3 main compartments (if my memory serves me correct). For that I find that I have problems fitting bulkier items in as it wouldn’t fit - as compared to if it was just 1 compartment or 2 dividers. So that made it a bit frustrating for me. i brought it out on a trip to Australia and I told myself by the time I return I’m selling this bag off. Which was what I did.

the favorite pm might have discon but mm size is still available. It has a detachable crossbody strap and a fixed gold chain which can be used for more formal occasions. That bag is a winner in my books.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
All of your options are great! I suggest buying the one you think will bring you the most joy? Because trust me when I say this: It probably won’t be your last purchase.. you can (and most probably will) buy the others from your list later. The LV bug is real! :P:biggrin::heart:

Reactions: Vise07
You could get the PM in Noir and take the strap off for evenings. As someone else mentioned, this will probably not be your last bag but with this choice, it could check several boxes until you get your next bag!:smile:

The PM has 2 internal dividers, giving 3 main compartments (if my memory serves me correct). For that I find that I have problems fitting bulkier items in as it wouldn’t fit - as compared to if it was just 1 compartment or 2 dividers. So that made it a bit frustrating for me. i brought it out on a trip to Australia and I told myself by the time I return I’m selling this bag off. Which was what I did.

the favorite pm might have discon but mm size is still available. It has a detachable crossbody strap and a fixed gold chain which can be used for more formal occasions. That bag is a winner in my books.

I see, good to know. Sorry if this is a newbie question, but if on the LV website, for the favorite mm, it says "call for inquiry", does that mean it's only available in very limited quantities at a very small number of stores?