First LV: Any suggestions?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. After reading everyone posts, I've decided I want an LV also. What would be a good starter? (My bag collection now is mostly Coach)

2. The speedy is the way most people go, but I love the BH. So if you like shoulder bags, I recommend BH, but if you want that classic handheld look, Speedy is it.

3. If it were me I wouldn't buy a Mono Speedy. I would get the BH or something in the Multicolore line. My first LV was the MC pochette in white.

4. oooh, me too :biggrin:!

yes, if you want a handheld bag, then a Speedy or Trouville would be good, and it doesn't necessarily have to be the regular Monogram line.

or if you want a shoulder bag, the Popincourt Haut or Batignolles Horizontal would be nice too

5. My first LV was and is the Damier Saleya PM.

I was going to get a speedy but I like this bag much better. It's hot stuff.

6. this PF forum is addictive...haha anyhow...my first bag was the MC bucket bag...it's a classic....oh and the papillon 30 would be a good choice...it's the love of my life...ofcourse mine is with the original straps...I LOVE IT more then all of my other bags...

7. Welcome to PF!:flowers: I think mono speedy is a great starter piece! It's a great bag for the $$$!:yes:

8. Welcome! I agree about the Speedy and what you get for the price, it is a very nice bag!

9. My first was a mono speedy 25 and it is a great bag, you should get the speedy.

10. It's always a good idea to look at the amount of stuff you carry around on a daily basis, and to see whetehr you prefer a shoulder or a carry style...if you have an LV boutique near you, definitely go there to try on the different styles to see what "fits":smile:

11. My first was the backpack, now there are so many choices, you just need to go try em on! Part of the fun is going to the store and playing. I love reade pm's in any color, pochettes or alma in any canvas. GOOD LVCK!

12. Welcome! :flowers: I also vote for the Speedy! Timeless bag!

13. I say Popincourt Haut or a Batignolles Horizontal. Maybe a Cabas Piano.

14. It depends on if you like handheld bags or shoulder bags.. or really small bags. I wanted to buy a pochette accessories, but my mom put her foot down and said it was too small, so my very first was a popincourt haut (and it's a great bag !). Get the speedy if you like handheld bags, but if not, can't go wrong with the popincourt haut or batignolles horizontal !

15. I Definitely Agree It Depends On Hand Held Or Shoulder Bag.

The Mono Speedy Is A Great First Bag. Batignolles Horizontal Or Verical Are Both Great Shoulder Bags!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice