First Louis Vuitton experience

fayth_ailyn07

Apr 11, 2017
Hi everyone, so hubby will buy me my 1st ever brand new Louis Vuitton handbag for our 15th wedding anniversary in 3 weeks. I have 2 pre-loved LV but this will be my 1st store visit. Any tips on what to ask? Like what should come with the purchase and all? Any opinion will be appreciated. Excited much here :smile:

Reactions: bag345addict
Downtown Vancouver. I just wanted to know what to expect. Like does all purchases come with box even if it's not a gift for somebody? :smile:
I usually ask for a box. I think now they do it anyways, but just in case.
It depends on the busy times at your store. I feel like when they are packed it's impossible to get anyone to look at you. However, most of the time I have been able to walk in and someone would ask if I needed help. I would do some research on their site to see what styles you like beforehand. I think maybe twice, in all my years of buying at LV, has an SA been rude to me. Try not to stress about it though. It's a great 1st experience, can't wait to see what you get.

Reactions: bag345addict
I usually ask for a box. I think now they do it anyways, but just in case.
It depends on the busy times at your store. I feel like when they are packed it's impossible to get anyone to look at you. However, most of the time I have been able to walk in and someone would ask if I needed help. I would do some research on their site to see what styles you like beforehand. I think maybe twice, in all my years of buying at LV, has an SA been rude to me. Try not to stress about it though. It's a great 1st experience, can't wait to see what you get.
Oh, i already know what i want. I want the speedy 30 in DE :smile: :smile: :smile: so i'll ask for the box it it's not included then. Thanks

Downtown Vancouver. I just wanted to know what to expect. Like does all purchases come with box even if it's not a gift for somebody? :smile:
The only thing that I can suggest is to treat it no differently than any other shopping experience; go in there having a good idea of what you would like to see and just be your natural self. Wear what you normally would, if that's sandals and jeans then wear sandals and jeans, and of course be friendly/down to earth with the SAs since I'm sure that they put up with enough faux-aires and attitudes during their shift.
Yes, if you're purchasing a bag then the SA will automatically slip it into a dustbag, wrap it in tissue paper, and then box it up for you (don't hesitate to request a ribbon, just in case, if you're a sucker for those types of things;)). Your receipt will be printed while your bag is being packaged up and then placed into an envelope which the the SA will then come around the counter to hand to you with both hands. When you're all set to leave then the SA will walk you to the door, pass you your new treasure, thank you, and wish you a pleasant day.

I agree with a couple of the above posts, especially the point about having a decent SA unless you already know what you want. If you're planning to look around and decide between different pieces I'd try and go during off-peak hours (and maybe during the week). As someone whose worked as an SA for a few different luxury/designer retailers, I know I'm able to be more attentive and provide better quality service when I can focus on one client versus trying to help multiple people.

Happy Anniversary!

I'd recommend thoroughly examining the bag before leaving the store. Make sure everything looks good on it!

I don't think you mentioned what bag you wanted, so I wasn't sure if you might have multiple bags in mind. If you are undecided, take a look at all the choices and if you can't decide, I would recommend leaving to go get a coffee or lunch while you think about what you want. Don't feel pressured to make the choice right on the spot, step away and think about it for a bit.

The only thing that I can suggest is to treat it no differently than any other shopping experience; go in there having a good idea of what you would like to see and just be your natural self. Wear what you normally would, if that's sandals and jeans then wear sandals and jeans, and of course be friendly/down to earth with the SAs since I'm sure that they put up with enough faux-aires and attitudes during their shift.
Yes, if you're purchasing a bag then the SA will automatically slip it into a dustbag, wrap it in tissue paper, and then box it up for you (don't hesitate to request a ribbon, just in case, if you're a sucker for those types of things;)). Your receipt will be printed while your bag is being packaged up and then placed into an envelope which the the SA will then come around the counter to hand to you with both hands. When you're all set to leave then the SA will walk you to the door, pass you your new treasure, thank you, and wish you a pleasant day.
Wow, that's a very detailed insight. And i will definitely ask for the ribbon. :smile:

Happy Anniversary!

I'd recommend thoroughly examining the bag before leaving the store. Make sure everything looks good on it!

I don't think you mentioned what bag you wanted, so I wasn't sure if you might have multiple bags in mind. If you are undecided, take a look at all the choices and if you can't decide, I would recommend leaving to go get a coffee or lunch while you think about what you want. Don't feel pressured to make the choice right on the spot, step away and think about it for a bit.
I'm getting Speedy 30 in DE. It has been my dream bag for a few years now but was put off because of priorities. My hubby decided to give it to me for our anniversary to make it more special. :smile: ❤️

Happy Anniversary!

I know, i should do that as some post i've read here had some little issue. What's their exchange policy?

I'm getting Speedy 30 in DE. It has been my dream bag for a few years now but was put off because of priorities. My hubby decided to give it to me for our anniversary to make it more special. :smile: ❤️
That's a beautiful bag and SO classic! Make sure to do a reveal on here, we would all love to see! :smile: