First Kelly & first Birkin purchase...please help choose colors!!

Which combination do you like best?

• dark blue Kelly + red Birkin

• dark blue Kelly + black Birkin

• black kelly + dark blue Birkin

• black kelly + red Birkin

• dark blue Kelly + dark blue Birkin

Results are only viewable after voting.

aethra21

O.G.
Mar 12, 2009
Hi, I am lucky to have the chance to order two bags with my SA next week - a Kelly and a Birkin (or I could get two Kellys...hmm...) - and I have decided on the sizes: 32 cm Kelly and 30 cm Birkin but I need help deciding which colors to get for both bags. I live in a place which is tropical, no seasons, hot & humid all the time. My wardrobe is typically black, navy, white or light pastels during the work week and jeans and neutral colored shorts on the weekends...the only colorful clothes I wear are DVF print dresses and DVF rompers (but I do wear those a lot as well and they come in all sorts of colors and prints as you can imagine). I've narrowed my choices down to the following combinations. I want colors that I can wear with my wardrobe (esp the DVF prints)...can you ladies help me decide!! I am also clueless about how the colors would look on different skins so I would appreciate any additional comments on that front as well.

(1) dark blue Kelly + red Birkin
(2) dark blue Kelly + black Birkin
(3) black kelly + dark blue Birkin
(4) black kelly + red Birkin
(5) dark blue Kelly + dark blue Birkin

I know I don't want a red Kelly so didn't include that in any of the combinations...

I would think you should get a black birkin (GHW, for the first) and a red Kelly where you can use it smart or casual in your jeans.

Alternatively if you are the daring sort, I'll recommend both in bright colours as your wardrobe is basic colours.

Congrats to you in advance to get your first bags. I bet you will have more to come.

I would think you should get a black birkin (GHW, for the first) and a red Kelly where you can use it smart or casual in your jeans.

Alternatively if you are the daring sort, I'll recommend both in bright colours as your wardrobe is basic colours.

Congrats to you in advance to get your first bags. I bet you will have more to come.

I'm so not daring...and so boring!! I was thinking the kelly will be the bag I would use daily (rather than the B - cuz I need the handsfree option)...so leaning towards dark colors rather than red for the Kelly :P

Congrats on finally being able to order your 1st Birkin and Kelly through the boutique!

Maybe you can tell more, for your DVF prints, most of them are in which color scheme? With DVF, it depends on the basic background color and then the prints. Some may match with blue while others match with red, etc.

If you feel a Rouge Casaque B match with most your current DVF, stick to your wishlist. A dark bleu Kelly 32 is fine and will match with a lot of your basics.

Alternatively, nothing beats black too and a Black Birkin GHW 30 is a beautiful combi, smart for work, play and for practicality in future as well if you're hoping to snag more DVFs. Nothing wrong to go on the safe route. As gaga_ser mention, you might be getting more in future. Welcome to slippery slope of Hermes.

Congrats on finally being able to order your 1st Birkin and Kelly through the boutique!

Maybe you can tell more, for your DVF prints, most of them are in which color scheme? With DVF, it depends on the basic background color and then the prints. Some may match with blue while others match with red, etc.

If you feel a Rouge Casaque B match with most your current DVF, stick to your wishlist. A dark bleu Kelly 32 is fine and will match with a lot of your basics.

Alternatively, nothing beats black too and a Black Birkin GHW 30 is a beautiful combi, smart for work, play and for practicality in future as well if you're hoping to snag more DVFs. Nothing wrong to go on the safe route. As gaga_ser mention, you might be getting more in future. Welcome to slippery slope of Hermes.

Dear IFFAH, it is a very very slippery slope!!! Why doesn't anyone warn newbies about that? DVF - prints in green/black/white, black/yellow, blue/off white, blue/green/black, solid colors like navy, black...

I think a black Birkin w/GHW is divine. That said, I'd personally go for a brighter colored Kelly. It sounds like your wardrobe is mostly neutral...I think a bright Kelly would add a pop of color and look amazing. Personally, I think if you're starting off with two, I'd go for more variety. One black and one dark blue bag is too similar, IMO. In the end though, go with what you love...you're going to be the one wearing them and only you know what colors look great on you. GL with your choices! And congrats...getting to order two at once! Amazing!

Congratulations and you're so lucky to be able to order! I love dark blues too and personally I'd either love a dark blue K and a black or even indigo B (it's such a dark blue it looks black in some lights). V envious: enjoy!!

Congrats!!! This is an exciting time for you. A red Kelly bag would be lovely. A Birkin in a pop blue hue is tfd. Have fun choosing the perfect bags for your taste!

I vote #1 then #2, since you have it in your signature that a dark blue Kelly is on your wish list, definitely go for it! I think a red Birkin would be a nice contrast. PHW tend to feel a little "younger" while GHW is a bit more elegant IMHO. A black Birkin will always be a classic must-have, but I think it applies to red as well :smile:

Good luck and let us know what you decide :smile:

Yes I agree with that, I choose the option above posted bcuz of a black black birkin and red Kelly! Classic and timeless

:thinking: thinking...thinking...thinking...:shrugs:

I have a feeling that I will be sleepless this weekend trying to decide what to get, since I'm not sure when will be the next time I'd ever get a chance to do something like this again !!! :girlsigh:

Personally, I like the black and red, they go with everything. I use my red kelly more than I thought I would. Looks like you really want a dark blue bag. Go with dark blue kelly and red birkin. Blue and Black would be too similar. How exciting! Congrats!