First Jumbo hardware decision

MG4727

Nov 15, 2012
I scored a jumbo black caviar with GHW. This will be my first and possibly the only jumbo I will have in my collection. I called my SA today for a possible exchange because I'm having 2nd thoughts of getting SHW instead.
My intention of getting the jumbo is for casual daytime use.

My classic flaps are all GHW.
1. Small black caviar GHW
2. Medium beige GHW

My SA said if she's in my shoes she'll keep the GHW coz its hard to find and gold looks elegant with black. She finds SHW flat and dull.
I'm concerned that GHW maybe too much for daytime casual dressing like shopping or lunch with friends and I can pair with jeans or shorts

What do you girls think? I'm hoping you can help me make up my mind. Keep or exchange?

The jumbo is made in France 16xx series:

image-827594363.jpg

I scored a jumbo black caviar with GHW. This will be my first and possibly the only jumbo I will have in my collection. I called my SA today for a possible exchange because I'm having 2nd thoughts of getting SHW instead.
My intention of getting the jumbo is for casual daytime use.

My classic flaps are all GHW.
1. Small black caviar GHW
2. Medium beige GHW

My SA said if she's in my shoes she'll keep the GHW coz its hard to find and gold looks elegant with black. She finds SHW flat and dull.
I'm concerned that GHW maybe too much for daytime casual dressing like shopping or lunch with friends and I can pair with jeans or shorts

What do you girls think? I'm hoping you can help me make up my mind. Keep or exchange?

The jumbo is made in France 16xx series:

View attachment 2054269

You should go with what YOU prefer, not what the SA says. If you have all ghw in your bags, and want shw for this everyday bag, then you should get what you want. Shw is not dull or flat, as I have several with this combination. I find it very pretty. What is important most, though, is what you want. This is a bag which is readily available with a small amount of patience at both department stores and Chanel boutiques, so you should be able to get the one you want easily. Perhaps that store only has the ghw, so she is trying to convince you for the sale.

thanks girl. my sa is very nice. She's more than happy to help me with exchange if change my mind :smile:
I'm the one who can't make up my mind. The bag looks beautiful but I'm still worried with use of GHW for casual dressing. I asked for GHW and then thought of getting SHW day after because I'm not sure if GHW would look good with jeans or shorts. I hope I can make up my mind and come up with right decision :smile:

thanks girl. my sa is very nice. She's more than happy to help me with exchange if change my mind :smile:
I'm the one who can't make up my mind. The bag looks beautiful but I'm still worried with use of GHW for casual dressing. I asked for GHW and then thought of getting SHW day after because I'm not sure if GHW would look good with jeans or shorts. I hope I can make up my mind and come up with right decision :smile:
I just got my first jumbo in I believe December of 2012 and I got the ghw and I wanted mine for everyday I wear mine with jeans and a tee-shirt. You can dress the gold up or down. I chose mine with help from the lovely ladies here at the purse forum and I love it. So the gold definitely has everyday value. :heart: Good luck and be sure to get what you want and what your heart desires. :smile::biggrin:

Last edited:
I just got my first jumbo in I believe December of 2012 and I got the ghw and I wanted mine for everyday I wear mine with jeans and a tee-shirt. You can dress the gold up or down. I chose mine with help from the lovely ladies here at the purse forum and I love it. So the gold is definitely has everyday value. :heart: Good luck and be sure to get what you want and what your heart desires. :smile::biggrin:

Thanks girl. This helps me a lot. I may decide to keep it :smile:

I think the GHW can be casual too. I've seen girls in shorts and tee shirt carrying theirs around and the purse is just the accessory (a nice one mind you).

I think the GHW can be casual too. I've seen girls in shorts and tee shirt carrying theirs around and the purse is just the accessory (a nice one mind you).

Thank you so much. I'm glad to hear that others also carry it in shorts and tshirt :smile: I can't wait to get the bag in the mail and try it on. I only did a phone order so I will have to try it when it arrives :smile:

If you already have two purses with ghw...I'm going to make a daring guess that you're a ghw person. I had a black jumbo with shw before and it is really not my preference. Shw is more modern and chic but it doesn't make my heart melt. What's most important is what makes you happy :yes:

I wouldn't worry at all with gold being too dressy! Either one is beautiful. Maybe look into your accessories and see if your belts are gold or silver buckled or your jewelry and use that to pick the hardware.

I'm usually a silver kind of girl, but I think that GHW is beautiful against the black.

It is definitely down to personal preference I think. A lot of ladies these days stylishly mix their metals these days. I agree with the other posts though, you should get what you personally want, else you might regret it later on :smile: (or you could just buy the other one later hahaha)

Def go with your gut. If you usually wear ghw, would you be comfortable wearing shw? I think either can go with cas or dressy. Once you get it, try it on with jeans and shorts and see what you think!

Keep the gold, I just love GHW on Chanel. It's so chic, classic and IMO more feminine. I have a black lambskin jumbo with GHW and wear it dressed up or casual. I'm a gold girl though, my everyday jewelry is gold, but go with what you love. All my Chanel flaps have GHW. HTH