first job? hmm

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. well i applied to "janie and jack" (children's clothing store) yesterday...if i get it, it will be my first job!:oh: But, (i was trying to be honest here) i put that i have to take a week off at the end of july.(family vacation) I CAN'T GET MY MIND OFF IT!! Do you think it's a big deal?

ahhh i'm so anxious to know if i'm hired. i hope they at least call me and tell me i'm not if they decide against it.

ahh can someone comfort me possibly?? :shame:

2. If you applied yesterday, you really have to be patient.
    The Manager needs a few days to look over any apps and set up interviews.
    If you're the right girl, the week won't make a difference IMO.
    I used to be a retail Manager and it wouldn't bothered me.
    But I'd wait at least 3 days before calling or stopping by to follow up.

3. okie dokie :amuse: that sounds good, i don't think of these thing when my mind goes crazy. thank you! :heart:

4. I know. . . I can be OCD too! LOL!
    Good luck!
    We buy lots of Janie and Jack in my house!
    Also, maybe you should apply at a few stores{?}
    If you like kids, try Stride Rite, Gap or Gymboree.

5. heehee :biggrin: I applied to hallmark as well, but i think i will pick up some applications from other kids stores as well.:yes:

thank you again, i appreciate it soooo much :heart:
    (i swear i'm not creeepyy hahaha.)

6. you don't sound creepy!
    Oooh, you know what's fun!? A baby boutique! You know, the ones that sell expensive baby furniture and clothes!

7. you should be a shoe in , especially right now is a good time to get part time job. the malls are usual hiring

8. depending on how hard up they are for people, taking a week off in july won't matter. :smile: like swanky said, if you're the right person for the job, they'll work with you. :smile:

good luck! it doesn't hurt to put in a bunch of apps though if you really want a job...if you just want to work *there* don't worry about it. :smile:

9. swanky mama: that would be fun. the closest thing to that near me is pottery barn kids.

heaven sent: what is a shoe in? :huh: and lots of stores are hiring! i'm just not 16 until july 31..right when they might not need help anymore! hah

ilzabet: thank you:heart: i'm hoping noone else has really applied and they want me! hahaha but who doesn't, right? :amuse:

i'm a lot calmer now. :flowers:

10. Just give it some time!! hehe

I know I was so nervous when I went to my first job interview this summer. Thankfully they offered me the job on the spot! hehehe, but I felt like I was about to die regardless!

So I totally understand ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice