First jewelry reveal thread: My new (to me) antique Georg Jensen rin

gga

Satans Little Helper
O.G.
Dec 16, 2006
Hi all! I usually post in the Hermes subforum, but I'm really excited about an antique Georg Jensen gold and diamond ring I just got, and my DH is ready to run away from home if I talk to him about it one more time. I'm hoping the jewelry subforum will be a way more sympathetic audience than Mr.GGA.

About 2 weeks ago I was in an antique store and stumbled on this 18kt gold and diamond ring marked with the earliest Georg Jensen mark, used from around 1904-1915. I'm not a great photographer, and the diamonds are way more sparkly in real life. It's a quiet, small ring, but beautifully designed and very well made. It's never been modified in any way, it comes in its original silk satin box, and it fits like it was made for my hand!

I haven't been this excited about a ring since I got my wedding ring almost 15 years ago.

I've been WhooHooing all night.

7Jensen.jpg

Attachments

• 2Jensen.jpg
    2Jensen.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 150
  • 3Jensen.jpg
    3Jensen.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 4Jensen.jpg
    4Jensen.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 6Jensen.jpg
    6Jensen.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: pureplatinum
OMG! GGA! That is gorgy! Truly special! I love the pics! That is such a great ring!

Can you tell me more about the designer? I'm dying to know all about it!

ooooooooooooooh love it!!! it doesn't look like a small ring to me at all! it's gorgeous and look at those round diamonds! looks so pretty on you! it looks so classic! yay!!!

I really like it! Diamonds are bezel set, yes? It is a really unique ring and I think it looks quite substantial! It almost reminds me of a small cross w/ the diamond pattern as well. What a neat find!