First insta-reveal! My PRELOVED 34 year old LV!

EmmieB

Aug 25, 2012
I bought this baby on Wednesday by face trade and I couldn't wait to share it but had to wait until I finished all my midterms. She was made in 1979 according to the date stamp so that makes her quite vintage! She is approximately 14 years older than I am :P Although she is old, she is healthy and clean :smile: I wasn't planning on getting another piece until next year but I saw her online and had to have her!! The price was also too good to pass up, I can't talk about price on tpf but I believe I got it for a quarter of the retail price.
The handles and leather are very dark, I think they're too dark and wish I could lighten them. Overall I'm very happy with my new piece and hope I get a chance to try her out sometime this week :biggrin:
The picture in natural sunlight is the most accurate photo of the handles and the bag :P

Attachments

• IMG-20130213-WA0001[1].jpg
    IMG-20130213-WA0001[1].jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 828
  • 20130215_121539_1.jpg
    20130215_121539_1.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 809
You could try cleaning the handles, or get them replaced...she looks good for her age, though

Amazing!
I cant stop looking at it!

Maybe you can replace the handles?

:smile: I'm going to clean it when I get a chance to. I heard good things about saddle soap. I tried for with a magic eraser and stopped just in time. Phew!

If all fails, I will get the handles replaced. I admit I feel a bit self conscious about the patina-ed handles :hrmm: She is good for her age, the seller told me it was her momma's before but neither of them use it much.

I wouldn't replace the handles. That's part of her history. They look in very good shape, no rips, scrapes or lose threads. Cleaning would be OK, but if she were mine, I'd leave the handles on.

I wouldn't replace the handles. That's part of her history. They look in very good shape, no rips, scrapes or lose threads. Cleaning would be OK, but if she were mine, I'd leave the handles on.

I tend to agree, but I also have a kind of dumb question I guess. When they replace handles on a speedy, do they also replace the little diamonds that secure the handles? I notice they are a different color than the handles a little already, if they did not replace them it might also look a little odd because new handles would be very light vachetta.