First insta-reveal! My PRELOVED 34 year old LV!

SophieChic said:
I tend to agree, but I also have a kind of dumb question I guess. When they replace handles on a speedy, do they also replace the little diamonds that secure the handles? I notice they are a different color than the handles a little already, if they did not replace them it might also look a little odd because new handles would be very light vachetta.

I had handles and chads replaced plus end tabs and pulls. Bag looked brand new. I believe that runs about $200-$250 now. Was well worth it.

I say rock this iconic bag likes its 1979!!!! There's something about letting a bag tell its story it's been around, it's vintage and it's perfect. You could get the handles replaced but why do that if you're planning on carrying this like the previous owner, like you own it.

Well done. I think the handles look great and would't change them either, but them again you have to be happy with her.

Personally I like the darker colour and wish mine would darken.

What size is she?

A new zipper pull would be fine since it looks like it's gone. This bag looks AWESOME for 34 years old!!! Same year my youngest son was born. The patina is beautiful and other than a new zipper pull, I wouldn't change a thing about her!

I wouldn't change a thing about her either, I'm older than she is and I'm still rocking my vintage wrinkles, shows we've lived a little !
I say rock this iconic bag likes its 1979!!!! There's something about letting a bag tell its story it's been around, it's vintage and it's perfect. You could get the handles replaced but why do that if you're planning on carrying this like the previous owner, like you own it.

Thank you ladies! :biggrin::smile:

Well done. I think the handles look great and would't change them either, but them again you have to be happy with her.

Personally I like the darker colour and wish mine would darken.

What size is she?

She is size 30. Give it time and your patina will darken beautifully! :smile:

A new zipper pull would be fine since it looks like it's gone. This bag looks AWESOME for 34 years old!!! Same year my youngest son was born. The patina is beautiful and other than a new zipper pull, I wouldn't change a thing about her!

You have a very good eye ;)
Yes, the flaw on the bag is that the zipper pull missing and there's a tiny nick on the canvas somewhere. tPF'ers pay lots of attention to detail! :biggrin:

You have a very good eye ;)
Yes, the flaw on the bag is that the zipper pull missing and there's a tiny nick on the canvas somewhere. tPF'ers pay lots of attention to detail! :biggrin:

I could definitely live with a tiny nick on a 34 year old Speedy that looks THAT marvelous!!! You found yourself a gold mine with that one! :woohoo: